Windows 7 Ati drivers stops working

Dnaq

Hello. I've been using Windows 7 for some days now.

I have this annoying problem...When I have installed the Ati driver and catalyst control panel everything works fine. But after like 1 or 2 days they stop working. In Windows Media Player for example....I have sound, but no picture. In Media Player Classic I only have a green screen when trying to watch movies in all kinds of formats (mvk, avi etc)

The drivers start working again if I re-install them...but I don't want to do that forever...Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Is there a solution?

I'm using an Sony Vaio Fw21e laptop. Running build 7057 (had this problem with previouc version to) Driver version: 8.56.1.9.

Edit: When I have re-installed the drivers, I don't get any picture before going into Catalyst Controlpanel and to any menu there that shows video, like 3D options and Avivo Video. Its like the drivers activates when I go into the control panel and watch a configuration-sample in the control centre.

Last edited:
I've had problems...

With my Radion 9250-128Mb- in that it's not Vista or Win7 compatible,got to run in Vista and Build 7022 ,but not in 7000.Then when installing in Build 7044 by usual method off...Device Manager-browse and find disk software and install,with no problems or warnings.No problems till I Re-start,when after Boot load screen blacks out with just cursor visible,so Re- start with Win 7 disk,to use System Restore,but no points although there was two available prior?I could have moved cable to on-board graphics,but with cursor and Boot screen visible thought no point,may-be wrong though ?Not even trying to attempt on installed 7057.

Re: I've had problems...

Uninstal all catalyst applications and let windows download ATI software, no more black screeen on windows starting.

Re: I've had problems...

Uninstal all catalyst applications and let windows download ATI software, no more black screeen on windows starting.

Not good advice. Windows Update drivers, especially for video, are notorious causes of issues. Many times, it installs versions much older than what is already installed, which is no good.

Always download drivers from manufacturer's site:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Back