Windows 10 AVG boot stuck

exedrn

I have a Lenovo laptop. Yesterday when I shut it down, it said "download updates and shut down" which I did. When I went to restart the machine the next day, I got:

PHASE 0 STARTING WATCHDOG INITIALIZATION... ...LOADING CNFIG...(ROOTS,KRNL,SETUP) ...PREINITIALIZATION EVENTS CREATING WATCHDOG DYNAMIC KEYLIST
SUBSYSTEMS INITIALIZATION
PHASE 0: FINISHED
Phase 1:INITIALIZE COMPONENTS...
...STARTING REACTOR... ...STARTING COMPONENTS... ...STARTING INTERNAL SUBSYSTEMS... ...STARTING COMMAND CHANNELS.... ..STARTING EXTERNAL SUBSYSTEMS... ...PHASE 1:FINISHED.

I get the Lenovo screen, it goes dark, then get the dots going in a circle for a bit, then the above, and freezes there. Even let it sit overnight and nothing.

Looks like AVG is stuck.

I have tried F4,5 and 6 when powering up to get into safe mode but it won't go. I downloaded a file from AVG onto a USB that is supposed to delete AVG but the machine won't read it.

Any help would be appreciated.

The circling dots is Windows loading, not AVG. To get to safe mode you would tap F8 although if you have fast boot enabled and have Windows on an SSD F8 won't work. If you can't get into Windows at all the easiest way to get to safe mode is to shutdown the computer 3 times while Windows is loading (the dots) this should force the advanced start up menu and allow you to get into safe mode. This sounds like an update probably broke Windows, you should be able to remove the update in safe mode.

Thank you so much.
That worked and I was able to get it working again
If this were real life, I'd buy you multiple rounds of your beverage of choice.

Back
Top Bottom