Windows 7 Best defrag tool for vista home premium ?

mervynmoss

Am used to using power defrag when had xp but now got vista was wondering which program to use for best results ?
:)

Microsoft Certified Vista Defragger

PerfectDisk is a Microsoft Certified Vista Defragger made by Raxco Software. PerfectDisk is a great defragmenter that defragments all files (including metadata files) and consolidates free space completely. Many think it is the best defragmener available today. Features can be seen here: Raxco Software Windows Products - PerfectDisk 8.0

hi there,
I am testing O&O Defrag at the moment and it seems to be pretty good and quick at defraging Vista, however it costs extra to subscribe to full version.

Re: Microsoft Certified Vista Defragger

PerfectDisk is a Microsoft Certified Vista Defragger made by Raxco Software. PerfectDisk is a great defragmenter that defragments all files (including metadata files) and consolidates free space completely. Many think it is the best defragmener available today. Features can be seen here: Raxco Software Windows Products - PerfectDisk 8.0

I've use it and it works great.

Please do tell.... I'd definately use it if I could get it for free, great utility!

message for vnwanderer, please stop wasting other people's time and read the blog properly. everyone knows what a defrager is, however if you don't then u might want to google it or check it out from wikipedia.

message for vnwanderer, please stop wasting other people's time and read the blog properly. everyone knows what a defrager is, however if you don't then u might want to google it or check it out from wikipedia.

This is a good example of why unregistered people should not be able to post. :mad:

Hello people! I freely admit I'm one of the lesser technologically savvy members of the species, but I know the basics of keeping my computer ticking over well. At least I thought I did. I set my vista up to automatically defrag every wednesday and it told me it was doing it, so I believed it. My dad's friend then installed Ashampoo on there, ran a scan and pretty much the whole thing was red (!) so clearly it was lying to me.
A week later, I run the scan again, and it looked like this:
Link Removed due to 404 Error
Link Removed - Invalid URL

surely it is not right for a computer to become this fragmented in a week - I'm not even really using it for anything other than surfing the net - i don't download stuff, i don't play games, I haven't got a million programmes installed on it.. I'm not really sure what's going on with it. Does anyone else use Ashampoo? and if yes, is this a normal view of how your computer looks too? I dunno if it's just hypersensitive or if my computer really is that much of a mess - it's a fairly new machine - i only bought it in July last year!
Thanks!

I use this one:

It's fast, free and does the job.

The default defragger in vista isn't much good really but then again they never are.. I defrag almost daily as keeping your HD in order makes for a faster machine and yes your HD will look like that after a week even after a day!
When your HD access's the files it needs, it grabs it, uses it and just shoves it back any old where so you can see how quickly a drive can become fragmented.
This page explains it better than me:

Just ran Auslogic defragger and it stated my pc needs to be optimized! It does ran fast and I had no problems. Naturally they wanted 20 bucks to do this.
Any free optimizer's out there that are worth a hoot? Yes I am cheap and I NEED a BAIL OUT!

I shouldn't worry..

It's just a marketing ploy and if you maintain your os using something like Ccleaner then it's taken care of..

There are a lot of software programmes out there that claim all sorts of things about speeding up your machine by using disc defrag & optimize system to produce a super fast new machine. Naturally you have to spend your money to find out that there is little or no difference to your machine at all. The only time you will notice a difference of any significance is if you have rarely or never run any checks at all. Have you never wondered why there are so many of these types of "miricle improvements" around??????? Its very profitable to sell something that is sometimes less than useless.

Back
Top Bottom