Windows 10 Best way to identify which Microsoft update is breaking an application

FireMarshalBill69

I have an application that worked on my image backup from May. However, today, it is behaving erratically. Is there way to isolate which particular update is responsible for this? And, how do I selectively turn it, and only that one, off?

I am running Windows 10 Pro. A certain application had been working flawlessly all these years. It works perfectly on my May 2021 drive image backup. However, today, it behaves erratically. What is the best way to isolate any particular update(s) that might be causing this issue so that I can turn it off? Is there a software that can accomplish this? Can I selectively install updates, and if so, how?

Merged threads since it's the same question. Microsoft changed their update model. What used to be individual updates is now a single cumulative update.

Broken dependencies, updates, security software, malware, corruption are just a few ways an application can break. It's best to start with any error messages or look in the application event log for error codes.

Back
Top Bottom