Windows 10 Bitlocker Recovery Key not working

pinto

Hi,
I have a Dell M4800 on which I have Bitlocker enabled with TPM on the system disk. Everything worked fine, I could unlock the encrypted drive with the pin code I had set and log in with administrator privileges to my domain account. I decided for some time ago to remove the computer from the domain and at the same time change the computer name. After that I can still unlock the encrypted drive with the pin code but I cannot login since I don't have a local account to login with. So I thought to solve this issue by booting in safe mode and unlock the drive with the recovery key but I found that the key I had recorded did not work. My impression is that it has changed, presumably when I removed the computer from the domain. So for now, I cannot unlock the system drive in order to create an account to login with. I have tried to restore from a system restore point but found that it was not an option.

Is it possible that the recovery key changes when the computer leaves the domain?

Do I have any option left besides reinstalling and wiping the system disk? As I said it is possible to unlock the drive with the PIN but the recovery key I have is not working.

/Pinto

Back