Windows 7 Block Password Reset Discs

MarioMaster1337

Okay, so my brother keeps using a Password Reset/Recovery disc to get on my Windows 7 account, and I want the disc to not work on my computer, is there a program that I can download for free that will block the use of a Password Reset or Recovery disc? Thanks.

You could try creating another account and dragging all of your files from the old one to the new one. I think you just need to grab the root directory and copy that over the new default one on the new account. Thus the only way the password reset disc would work is if he is able to access your new account and create a password reset disc on there.

Launch the BIOS setup utility by pressing the appropriate key or key combo during post.
Set your primary hard drive as the first boot option and disable the 2nd 3rd, 4th, etc.,
Don't disable or choose not installed for the devices, just disable them as a boot option so the Boot Device Priority screen only shows a single option, your drive containing your OS.
Secure the BIOS utility with a password that only you know (don't lose it or forget it) and you should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom