Windows 7 Blocking mail in Windows Mail

CRNicholls

OK, We all know that there are spam filters that you can use, but there also used to be rules that you could set up to block certain people or domains or even words in an email that you could select to block unwanted mail in earlier versions of Windows.

First you can supposedly block domains but it doesn't work, there are no more rules (that I can see) that you can set in windows mail anymore. What happened to these features? Do they still exist and I just can't find them? or did some Genius remove them?

I want to be able to BLOCK spammers that continually send me crap from seemingly endless numbers of accounts on the same domain.

Thank you

What version of Win? I'm on Win7 Home and just started Windows Live Mail. On the "Folders" tab, I see "Message Rules".

tRqnIH96RPQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Thanks Don that is exactly what I was looking for, I have Win 7 also. The only problem is that the win7 rules do NOT work no matter how one tries to set it up.

For instance, I try to use a rule to block a fake email from a fake AT&T support person that just wants my info, and no matter what I put in the rule to look for and block, it doesn't work. It doesn't block ANYTHING.

What version of Win? I'm on Win7 Home and just started Windows Live Mail. On the "Folders" tab, I see "Message Rules".

tRqnIH96RPQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Last edited:
Ok--sorry. I thought you were saying that you couldn't find anyplace to set up rules. I use Thunderbird so I can't tell you anything about WinMail. I just opened it long enough to see if Rules capability was gone.

Sorry about the miscommunication Don! I was indeed trying to find where to create the rules, but once I got there, I found that the rule settings are worthless because they don't work, they don't filter anything.

Thanks

Charles.

Back
Top Bottom