Windows 10 Blue screen after every full night shutdown.

I see from the other files included that you may have been playing SuperMeatBoy.exe? If so was the network component still disabled in the bios?

I see from the other files included that you may have been playing SuperMeatBoy.exe? If so was the network component still disabled in the bios?
whoa what? The blue screens code was memory exception. It wasnt disabled when i was playing the game.
The PC blue screened and then I restarted to check if it will blue screen again. It didnt so i restarted it and turned the network back on.
Should I have left the network off for the entire day? I turned everything off before i turned it off for the night.

Should I have left the network off for the entire day
No it was only off to see if blue screen still occurred on the cold boot.

What happened regarding the tests Usasma outlined for you or are you yet to go through those?

As you mentioned about the cpu spiking just prior to the blue screen did you try using process explorer to see whatever process was involved.

Bawb check the drive using Seatools
SeaTools | Seagate

Did you turn off the pagefile at all? (no pagefile no dump file)

No it was only off to see if blue screen still occurred on the cold boot.

What happened regarding the tests Usasma outlined for you or are you yet to go through those?

As you mentioned about the cpu spiking just prior to the blue screen did you try using process explorer to see whatever process was involved.

Bawb check the drive using Seatools
SeaTools | Seagate

Did you turn off the pagefile at all? (no pagefile no dump file)

I got the programs and checked for malware and it came up clean. I also ran the other tests he mentioned with no real culprit. Checked all the drivers he mentioned and updated them as well. Also checked if there were any windows updates that ive missed, which I hadnt.

I actually forgot to do that cause you posted that before Usasma. Ill be sure to check what spikes tomorrow. Sorry about that.

Will do!

So I did see something spike up before it blue screened I didnt catch the name but it was 4 processes at once. Ill check again tomorrow gonna try recording it with my phone so i can look back at it.

Also for this boot i disabled most unnecessary start up programs to check if that was what was causing it. Didnt work obviously.

And could CCleaner delete the log of yesterdays blue screen? Cause I did have it as a start up program.

Added the dump file.

Attachments

• W7F_17-05-2016.rar
    267.1 KB · Views: 436
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 10D, {5, 1ffee0608928, 1225, ffffe0011e5ad460}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
Morning Bawb,
we have a new dump file! This basically means an error has been discovered in a framework based driver. A driver also appears in the Call stack and most likely the culprit:

xusb22.sys Fri Oct 30 02:41:10 2015: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver driver uninstall to test.

And could CCleaner delete the log of yesterdays blue screen? Cause I did have it as a start up program.
Almost certainly..

See how you go after removing the above driver.

Post any new dump files.

Code:

Morning Bawb,
we have a new dump file! This basically means an error has been discovered in a framework based driver. A driver also appears in the Call stack and most likely the culprit:

xusb22.sys Fri Oct 30 02:41:10 2015: Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver driver uninstall to test.

Almost certainly..

See how you go after removing the above driver.

Post any new dump files.
Alright. Just removed it. Ill post back tomorrow. Have a good day :)

So what I feared happened. The spike yesterday was just a coincidence. Nothing spiked up before the blue screen today.
BUT the error code was something ive never seen before. Seems like PC is just making shit up now at this point. It was
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
This what was running just before the crash Screenshot

Attachments

• W7F_18-05-2016.rar
    280 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Code:

Hi Bawb,
similar bugcheck. Your going to have to start stripping the system back to basics and start testing each individual component as they're added back.
Usasma posted a link which is a guide of sorts:
Hardware Stripdown Troubleshooting

Did you try removing the Logitech game panel as well as your idea of using another k'board?

Sorry for my absence - I think I forgot to turn notifications on, and then I was traveling and totally forgot about checking :(

Please remove the Game Panel software as kemical suggests. It's driver dates from 2009, so it may have troubles coping with W10.
After the removal, if the BSOD's still occur (and presuming that the xusb22.sys driver remains uninstalled), then try Driver Verifier again.
Also, ensure that the Microsoft wireless XBox controller software is removed also - as the xusb22.sys driver was in this memory dump.

Once those 2 are removed, if the BSOD's continue, please run Driver Verifier. Even if it was run before, removing the xusb22.sys driver and the Logitech GamePanel drivers will give it a fresh look at the system - and will hopefully force the system to give up the name of the actual offending driver.

Here's the scenario that I think is happening:
- a driver/drivers writes to memory space owned by another driver.
- then the offending driver exits
- then, after a while, the other driver checks that memory space, sees unexpected data, freaks out and crashes to a BSOD.
As the offending driver has exited, there's no way to tell what caused it - so the debugger points to the driver that it occurred in.

Beyond that, I think it's a good idea to start the Hardware Stripdown also.
I can't recall if you've tested your memory either - but MemTest86 or MemTest86+ along with Prime95 would be advised to help rule out memory issues. (my list of diagnostics is here: Hardware Diagnostics )
Also, there was a video driver (actually DirectX) in the raw stack text - so trying the video tests would be a good idea also.

I did remove the logitech driver and then launched the pc with out anything plugged in but a single regular keyboard. still blue screened afterwards.
The xbox driver was then present.
So I guess ill remove the logitech driver again and try booting with both of them gone.

Yes I remember, it was run more than once if i remember correctly. Let us know if you have any questions about the weekends testing.

FYI - the Prime95 Blend test will test different features/parts of the RAM.
The other 2 tests (Small FFT's and Large FFT's primarily test the CPU cache and the memory controller)

Good luck!

Hi Bawb,
It's been awhile since I was on this thread. Sorry to hear you're still having problems with it Blue Screening. One thing I noticed on 3 of your last Crash Dump files you uploaded to the thread here: You still have all 3 of your Hard Drives hooked up to your Motherboard. Both kemical and usasma have mentioned stripping down all your components for troubleshooting purposes to the simplest possible configuration. From what I see you haven't yet done this! :shocked:

YOU MUST REMOVE ALL INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES FROM YOUR MOTHERBOARD FOR TROUBLESHOOTING PURPOSES!! The MSINFO32.nfo file in your Crash Dump uploads still shows they are connected. You should only be testing your computer with the C: bootdrive, the Samsung 250GB SSD drive. Please disconnect the other 2 drives [D: drive, WD 1TB drive; and the E: drive, Samsung 1TB usb drive].

Repeat any and all tests you've been asked to do and see if you continue to get Blue Screens or not. If you do not, the error is being produced by 1 or more failed drives or even both drives. Did you complete the SEATOOLS drive diagnostic testing on both those 2 secondary drives? That was in usasma's link here: Hardware Stripdown Troubleshooting
Check the HW DIAGNOSTICS section here and click on this link: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

This is very important; you should NOT run these diagnostics on your existing PC (with the ASUS Motherboard) as it's not properly functioning.:noway: You'll have to go to another properly functioning PC that does not produce Blue Screens and run these various hard drive tests!!

The next thing I would do after you remove those 2 secondary hard drives from your Motherboard, is to retest your C: bootdrive [that's the Samsung 250GB SSD drive] again and recertify that it's not producing errors in the drive tests. If it is,you'll need to replace that SSD drive before continuing to troubleshoot! :waah: Then, continue running the other tests and determine if the Blue Screens are continuing to occur. If the problem persists, at least we know that it's not due to a C: bootdrive failure.:) And that also may rule out the 2 secondary drives as well (even though it's still a good idea to test them on another working PC). :)

At this point, we can safely rule out any of your 3 hard drives from contributing to your problem, from the hardware perspective, and focus on Windows corruption issues, drivers not working, etc. that the other guys are helping you with.

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Last edited:
Yeah, Ross, I saw that; but I wanted to throw out the fact to OP that he still hasn't done the Stripped Down Troubleshooting that John mentioned way back in the beginning of the thread; and it might be causing a problem. Just want to make sure he gets that part done.

I'll go away and do other stuff now. I'll check back next week to give him time to do all that!:)

BBJ

Ok here is something.

Due to me starting driving school and having a lot of real life stuff happening. I didnt really have time to test the stuff.

But the other day my logitech gaming software program spazzed out, so I went in to its settings and it turns out I had the US layout selcted and I switched over to NORIDC which is the right one. I also changed the keyboard getting the profile from its on board memory.

Ever since then I havent gotten a blue screen on boot. This makes zero sense to me since I had removed the program and keyboard completely before. and it still resulted in a blue screen.

Back