Windows 10 Blue screen after every full night shutdown.

Ok Bawb, hope all goes well with the test.
Alright so. I got the mini dumps from stressing the drivers. PC blue screened almost instantly as the windows load screen started. So I assume that the it knows which driver was causing the issue.

Attached the dump files from C:\windows\minidump

Attachments

• 4.8.2016.rar
    223.7 KB · Views: 274
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {2003, ffffe0005a38e108, fffff80095b80228, ffffd001135f4620}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+3c )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Bawb,
when you ran the verifier did you follow the guide particularly this bit:
Select all the drivers on this screen, except those that say Microsoft Corporation under Provider. It’s very unlikely a Microsoft driver is causing the issue.
If not try running it again but this time without the MS drivers included. Here's the guide again:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Your other dump files were for memory corruption. If the verfier turns up nothing again try running on just one stick of RAM at a time. Sometimes even Memtest86 can miss errors so another way to test is to run on one stick. If you get a bsod swap for another making sure you make a note of which is which. Keep doing this until you find a stick which doesn't bsod then you know which sticks are bad.

Code:

Hi Bawb,

If not try running it again but this time without the MS drivers included. Here's the guide again:

Your other dump files were for memory corruption. If the verfier turns up nothing again try running on just one stick of RAM at a time. Sometimes even Memtest86 can miss errors so another way to test is to run on one stick. If you get a bsod swap for another making sure you make a note of which is which. Keep doing this until you find a stick which doesn't bsod then you know which sticks are bad.
I did exclude the microsoft drivers. So now Ill try each ram stick separately

Code:

Hi Bawb,

I ran the test one stick of the time even trying the old sticks that I had. Same result for everything, fast blue screens. Attached more current dump files.

Attachments

• mini dump 2.rar
    240.4 KB · Views: 295
Code:

BugCheck 1A, {5002, fffff58010804000, 1b51, 800001b52ffffffe}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+154a4 )

Hi,
the above bugcheck is for memory management although this doesn't always mean you have bad RAM. So I took another look through your driver stack and found some interesting results:

AsIO.sys Tue Aug 24 02:53:02 2010: Asus PCProbe Utility. This is too old for Windows 10 really and needs either removing or updating.

MpKsl89da5820.sys Wed May 20 02:50:37 2015: Microsoft Security essentials? If so please remove and just use the onboard Defender.

zamguard64.sys Mon Dec 14 10:13:23 2015: Anti Malware uninstall to test.

Thanks for the heads up although it might simply be Defender hence my question to the op.

Code:

BugCheck 1A, {5002, fffff58010804000, 1b51, 800001b52ffffffe}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+154a4 )

Hi,
the above bugcheck is for memory management although this doesn't always mean you have bad RAM. So I took another look through your driver stack and found some interesting results:

AsIO.sys Tue Aug 24 02:53:02 2010: Asus PCProbe Utility. This is too old for Windows 10 really and needs either removing or updating.

MpKsl89da5820.sys Wed May 20 02:50:37 2015: Microsoft Security essentials? If so please remove and just use the onboard Defender.

zamguard64.sys Mon Dec 14 10:13:23 2015: Anti Malware uninstall to test.

I cant remove any of those things as it seems like they dont even exsist

The Windows search should be fine.. See if you can find the drivers outlined above. If you can, rename them to .old to break them. If not post back with any new dump files and we'll have another look.

Hi Please except this reply as it is intended. Not to criticize anyone. I mean no disrespect to anyone here on the forum.
If this offends anyone, please delete this reply. I will understand.
IMHO there comes a time to bite the bullet and reinstall the OS when you have tried to fix BSOD and not found the solution!
Reinstall Windows: Reinstalling Windows is the nuclear option. It will blow away your existing system software, replacing it with a fresh Windows system. If your computer continues to blue screen after this, you likely have a hardware problem.

So when you say they don't exist do you mean you've looked in the remove programs section?
yeah and the uninstall programs as well. I also checked CCleaner

Hi Please except this reply as it is intended. Not to criticize anyone. I mean no disrespect to anyone here on the forum.
If this offends anyone, please delete this reply. I will understand.
IMHO there comes a time to bite the bullet and reinstall the OS when you have tried to fix BSOD and not found the solution!
Reinstall Windows: Reinstalling Windows is the nuclear option. It will blow away your existing system software, replacing it with a fresh Windows system. If your computer continues to blue screen after this, you likely have a hardware problem.
The thing of it is. I highly doubt it has anything to the windows. Ive reinstalled windows a few times and more then that Ive upgraded to an ssd and swapped out the storage drive. So I highly doubt its a software issue.

The only things that I have remaining from my original build when this started is the cpu, ram and mobo.

Hi Bawb,
can you try something for me? Unplug your external drive and see if the bsod continues.

Also please post any new dump files you may have.

Hi This software may not help with your issue. I have ran it before will no bad effects. IMHO it's worth a try. Please edit or delete if this is not appropriate. Thanks!
Hot CPU Tester Pro is a system health and stability tester. It tests CPU, chipset and virtually all parts of motherboard for errors/bugs, defective parts and components.
7Byte : Hot CPU Tester Pro
How it works:
Hot CPU Tester Pro 4 is consisted of several test modules to stress-test each component within a system. Defective parts are most likely for to fail while they are under a heavy load, when the heat production is at its highest. The testing modules intentionally stress all components to their maximum limits to assess their integrity. Unstable parts cannot endure these pressures and will fail the tests, allowing the opportunity for an upgrade or exchange before the PC is released into a production environment. It is recommended that Hot CPU Tester should run for at least six hours to fully check the system. If a system is stable under hard conditions for six hours, it is unlikely to generate errors during normal operating conditions.

Last edited:
Back