Windows 10 Blue screen after every full night shutdown.

Hi @SnowManBawb ! Please follow @kemical's advice! I have ran that on my PC and it didn't find any errors.
I just ran the free version and I'm not sure what all it tested. I'm sure it's like all the rest of the freebies, you have to pay for the pro version to test every thing.
I think that's 20$. Stay with @kemical. He's the best there is with BSOD. IMHO, you have some hardware problems!
I thinking out loud! Wondering if you crash while in a clean boot mode!;);) I'll get out of the way now!
I sure wish you could get rid of MSE. That shouldn't be there. Only Windows Defender should be running as a AV!
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Hi Bawb! See if you can run in the clean boot mode. It's different then the safe mode!
A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.
Why software conflicts occur?
When you start Windows by using a normal startup operation, several applications and services start automatically, and then run in the background. These programs include basic system processes, antivirus software, system utility applications, and other software that has been previously installed. These applications and services can cause software conflicts.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The HDD didnt work so Ill try the stress programs i guess.
Hi Bawb,
when you say the HDD didn't work does that mean you unplugged the external drive but still got a bsod anyway?

If this is the case can you please post the dump file. If you get a new bsod at any point please upload the dump as the information is invaluable.

Lastly can you check the Task manager and look under 'Start-up' please. Just see what's starting alongside Windows and if possible take a screenshot.

Hi! Very strange that BSOD only happens when booting up after being shut down. I now wondering about the power supply.
Sorry if that's been suggested before.;)
Great suggestion on the start ups @kemical:up: ! I never thought of that. Could very well we causing a problem sense BSOD happens on Boot up! I'll get out of the way now.;):)

Last edited:
Hi Bawb,
when you say the HDD didn't work does that mean you unplugged the external drive but still got a bsod anyway?

If this is the case can you please post the dump file. If you get a new bsod at any point please upload the dump as the information is invaluable.

Lastly can you check the Task manager and look under 'Start-up' please. Just see what's starting alongside Windows and if possible take a screenshot.
Oh no. I just meant It didnt fix it. sorry for not being specific.
And Ive removed most unwanted programs from the start up but here is a picture anyway :p
Screenshot

Hi! Very strange that BSOD only happens when booting up after being shut down. I now wondering about the power supply.
Sorry if that's been suggested before.;)
Great suggestion on the start ups @kemical:up: ! I never thought of that. Could very well we causing a problem sense BSOD happens on Boot up! I'll get out of the way now.;):)
Its most definitely not the power supply. As I mentioned before this has been happening for a long time and Ive swapped out parts of my PC over the course of this happening the only things that are the same since this started are the CPU, and motherboard.

Hi Bawb,
thank you for the update. I'll go back and look at some of your dump files again and see if anything crops up which looks familar now I know whats starting.
Can you run this diagnostic for the CPU? It's probably fine but better off checking:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Have you tried running the RAM in different slots?

Try uninstalling some of these apps like Game Ranger, Apple Push and Raptr. See if the bsod stops.

If you have any new dump files please post them.

Code:
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR:  STRIDE
I'm very suspicious of the Raptr gaming app especially as it 'optimises' your system. Your memory dumps have 'Stride' mentioned and this can mean an app is causing 'Stride corruption'. These issues occur as the data is going in/out of RAM and can also be caused by faulty RAM. One particular app famous for this is MSI's Afterburner.
So give it a try, if it isn't that it might be something else so it could be worth experimenting?

Code:
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR:  STRIDE
I'm very suspicious of the Raptr gaming app especially as it 'optimises' your system. Your memory dumps have 'Stride' mentioned and this can mean an app is causing 'Stride corruption'. These issues occur as the data is going in/out of RAM and can also be caused by faulty RAM. One particular app famous for this is MSI's Afterburner.
So give it a try, if it isn't that it might be something else so it could be worth experimenting?

I have high doubts that it is any kind of software cause Ive reinstalled windows multiple times changed from an hdd to a ssd and still had the problem. No mater what Ive had installed on the drive.

Here is the cpu test Screenshot

Last edited:
Hmm...ok

Well have you tried running the RAM in different slots or do you always use the same slots?

Can you run this diagnostic for the CPU? It's probably fine but better off checking:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (sorry missed your result above)

Also if your using XMP or extreme memory profiles to clock your RAM to the correct speed try disabling it and set the speed manually.

You could also try tweaking the voltage on the RAM. Usually the voltage will top out at about 1.65v try upping it slightly but don't go past 1.7v.

Hmm...ok

Well have you tried running the RAM in different slots or do you always use the same slots?

Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (sorry missed your result above)

Also if your using XMP or extreme memory profiles to clock your RAM to the correct speed try disabling it and set the speed manually.

You could also try tweaking the voltage on the RAM. Usually the voltage will top out at about 1.65v try upping it slightly but don't go past 1.7v.
Ive used different ram configurations but when that failed as well i just left them in the recommended configs set by the manual.

There has been a thing with my ram in the bios that it shows the wrong speed. I googled this before and people said that that isnt a problem i just need to enable xmp and set it to the correct speed which ive done. Ive had the bios displaying the wrong speed for the longest time actually.
Dunno if that could be a problem.

Well RAM will always default to 1333mhz and you can use either XMP or manually set the correct speed, this is how the RAM comes. Even 1600MHz will default to 1333mhz.. So if your using XMP to get the correct speed try turning it off and set the speed manually.

So when you re-installed Windows did you actually test Windows running on it's own with just drivers installed and no applications?

Or did you install Windows followed by drivers and apps?

Well RAM will always default to 1333mhz and you can use either XMP or manually set the correct speed, this is how the RAM comes. Even 1600MHz will default to 1333mhz.. So if your using XMP to get the correct speed try turning it off and set the speed manually.

So when you re-installed Windows did you actually test Windows running on it's own with just drivers installed and no applications?

Or did you install Windows followed by drivers and apps?

ill try the manual ram speed.

and I tried a clean boot with out any apps installed or anything and it stilled bsod. so yeah >_<

Hi! I don't want to get in the way. But by asking questions, I learn a lot. The title of the thread is
Blue screen after every full night shutdown.
Wondering if a small crack in the MB could cause the BSOD and the crack heals it's self after power is on for awhile.
Maybe a leaky capacitor. Just some thoughts. Very strange only BSOD after being shut down. I'll get out of the way and watch the best BSOD tech @kemical do his thing!;):) Might look for a bulging cap. One more question. Does it ever BSOD while running??
Thanks!

Trouble is Gary many motherboards now use solid caps but inspection of the motherboard is always worthwhile..

Bawb if manually setting the RAM speed doesn't help you could try upping the voltage slightly. If your Vengence RAM runs at 2400MHz then it's voltage will be about 1.65v. Try upping it slightly but don't go over 1.7v. Failing that, do you have access to any other memory or would it be possible to perhaps borrow some off a friend?

Try something for me please, when you next reboot, expecting a bsod, boot straight into safe mode and see if the blue screen still occurs. If it does don't forget to send me the dump.

I also notice you use a Logitech Keyboard and possibly a XTD kone mouse? (I own an XTD Kone and they are an awesome mouse, anyway I digress) Bawb have you tried removing either the mouse or the keyboard and seeing if the bsod still occurs? It's a long shot I know but if you have a spare k'board and mouse see if swapping them over makes any difference.

Back