Windows 10 Blue screen after every full night shutdown.

Trouble is Gary many motherboards now use solid caps but inspection of the motherboard is always worthwhile..
:rofl:That shows how far I'm be hide on hardware. Could still be a hair line crack in MB. Good suggestion about booting straight into safe mode.
:up:I'll watch now!

Trouble is Gar/y many motherboards now use solid caps but inspection of the motherboard is always worthwhile..

Bawb if manually setting the RAM speed doesn't help you could try upping the voltage slightly. If your Vengence RAM runs at 2400MHz then it's voltage will be about 1.65v. Try upping it slightly but don't go over 1.7v. Failing that, do you have access to any other memory or would it be possible to perhaps borrow some off a friend?

Try something for me please, when you next reboot, expecting a bsod, boot straight into safe mode and see if the blue screen still occurs. If it does don't forget to send me the dump.

I also notice you use a Logitech Keyboard and possibly a XTD kone mouse? (I own an XTD Kone and they are an awesome mouse, anyway I digress) Bawb have you tried removing either the mouse or the keyboard and seeing if the bsod still occurs? It's a long shot I know but if you have a spare k'board and mouse see if swapping them over makes any difference.
I upped the ram speed to 1.6 and it kept crashing consistently.
Then i put back down to 1.55 and it was stable so when i tried launching the pc after the night it seemed that the bsod happened a bit later then usual might be a coincidence though.

I upped the ram speed to 1.6 and it kept crashing consistently.
Hmm...Really? That's not good. I assume that when you say '1.6' your referring to the RAM speed of 1600MHz and not the voltage of 1.6?
Vengeance® Low Profile — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)
I checked which RAM you have by looking at an old dump file. You'll notice in the link above that your sticks will default to 1333mhz @ 1.5v. They have also been tested to run at the rate of 1600MHz @ 1.5v and in order to achieve this speed you either use the X.M.P. profiles or manually overclock.
This is normal practice. Your motherboard manual will tell you how to correctly configure XMP.

Now if you tried to manually overclock the sticks to 1.6mhz or 1600mhz and they crashed constantly then that is not good at all and the sticks could well be faulty.
What about if you returned the sticks beck to the default speed of 1333mhz and then tried enabling the XMP profile. As I wrote above your manual will tell you how and if you haven't got one download another from the motherboard link in earlier posts.

Hmm...Really? That's not good. I assume that when you say '1.6' your referring to the RAM speed of 1600MHz and not the voltage of 1.6?
Vengeance® Low Profile — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)
I checked which RAM you have by looking at an old dump file. You'll notice in the link above that your sticks will default to 1333mhz @ 1.5v. They have also been tested to run at the rate of 1600MHz @ 1.5v and in order to achieve this speed you either use the X.M.P. profiles or manually overclock.
This is normal practice. Your motherboard manual will tell you how to correctly configure XMP.

Now if you tried to manually overclock the sticks to 1.6mhz or 1600mhz and they crashed constantly then that is not good at all and the sticks could well be faulty.
What about if you returned the sticks beck to the default speed of 1333mhz and then tried enabling the XMP profile. As I wrote above your manual will tell you how and if you haven't got one download another from the motherboard link in earlier posts.
I was talking about the voltage. They default to 1333? really? I always thought they were 1600 im so sure I looked it up multiple times as well. Well the only value that i have added manually is the voltage which 1.55 right now. And xmp is enabled but disabling xmp has not worked before.
And ill also add the new dump file just in case that says anything.

Attachments

• W7F_27-04-2016.rar
    999.7 KB · Views: 299
Hi I probably will get hollered at, but this is post number 65. IMHO it's time for a new mother board or a new computer.
Its most definitely not the power supply. As I mentioned before this has been happening for a long time and Ive swapped out parts of my PC over the course of this happening the only things that are the same since this started are the CPU, and motherboard.

Hi I probably will get hollered at, but this is post number 65. IMHO it's time for a new mother board or a new computer.
I've dealt with cases far longer than this one and eventually found the solution so let's not panic just yet..

N/P friend! Very strange this BSOD only happens after being shut down. Bob says every thing has been replaced except CPU and Mother Board? I'll bow out now. I'm not a BSOD expert. Just been following this thread every sense I registered on the forum.
IMHO the problem needs to be narrowed down to software or hardware. The OS has been restored many times. Every thing has been replaced.
I don't see where we go next. I'll keep watching and learning.;):)

They default to 1333? really? I always thought they were 1600 im so sure I looked it up multiple times as well.
Yup. As I said earlier ALL RAM defaults to 1333mhz (unless it's slower than 1333mhz of course) and to achieve the speed the RAM has been tested to one has to enable the xmp or you can set the speed manually. Check the link I posted:
memory.JPG

See the top arrow? That's pointing to SPD or serial presence detect which usually takes the form of a little chip on each memory module containing information on speed, timings and voltage.
The bottom arrow is the tested speed so when you apply xmp it will run at the speed it was tested for. If you disabled the xmp you would see the speed drop down to 1333mhz.

I would set the voltage back to 1.5v as specified in the above tech sheet.
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffd000f2991320, 0, fffff801b10f2d67, 2}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
All your dump files were bugcheck 50 with one blaming the gpu driver and the others blaming memory corruption.

Try clearing the bios by removing the bios battery for 30 seconds. Reboot and go straight back into the bios and enable 'optimised defaults'. You may also need to set the date and boot orders. Oh and don't forget to re-enable the xmp profile for the RAM.

When you re-installed Windows were these clean installs or back up images or upgrade installs?

Hi @kemical Sorry friend, but after your last reply, I just have to add this. I know I said I would bow out, and I will!!;);):)
When you re-installed Windows were these clean installs or back up images or upgrade installs?

Yup thanks Gary.

Bawb if you could post whether they were clean installs or not that would be great. There is a specific reason I'm asking this question so please let me know.

Yup thanks Gary.

Bawb if you could post whether they were clean installs or not that would be great. There is a specific reason I'm asking this question so please let me know.
yea sorry for late response i guess? But yea they were clean installs. off of the disk, no files saved. alright ill clear the bios and then get back to you if it blue screens.

Thanks Bawb, hope all goes well. Let me know how you get one.

Hi Guys! I just can't get this off my mind. MSE should not be showing up on your PC. Here's a old reply that is really bothering me and I'm wondering if this still exists! Here's a suggestion by @kemical that never really got answered! The last thing I read was that these could not be found. That doesn't sound right to me!
AsIO.sys Tue Aug 24 02:53:02 2010: Asus PCProbe Utility. This is too old for Windows 10 really and needs either removing or updating.

MpKsl89da5820.sys Wed May 20 02:50:37 2015: Microsoft Security essentials? If so please remove and just use the onboard Defender.

zamguard64.sys Mon Dec 14 10:13:23 2015: Anti Malware uninstall to test

Hi Guys! I just can't get this off my mind. MSE should not be showing up on your PC. Here's a old reply that is really bothering me and I'm wondering if this still exists! Here's a suggestion by @kemical that never really got answered! The last thing I read was that these could not be found. That doesn't sound right to me!
AsIO.sys Tue Aug 24 02:53:02 2010: Asus PCProbe Utility. This is too old for Windows 10 really and needs either removing or updating.

MpKsl89da5820.sys Wed May 20 02:50:37 2015: Microsoft Security essentials? If so please remove and just use the onboard Defender.

zamguard64.sys Mon Dec 14 10:13:23 2015: Anti Malware uninstall to test
The op looked and couldn't find the files I mentioned. This can sometimes happen and probably means something is still in the registry which relates to the apps mentioned.

I'm not even sure that is MSE at this point which is why I asked the op.

Thanks for the link.

I'm actually waiting on Bawb's next reply and depending on what that say's will determine what to try next. If the issue isn't resolved then i need to see more dump files. I don't really want to say too much at this point but I do see something in the dump files which is telling me one thing but other factors are telling me another. So in an effort to try and clear some of the confusion I'll get a second opinion from an old friend over at Sysnative (he also taught me to debug).

Sounds good! Are you talking about JC? I'll go back to observing now! I have heard that this MSE bug can cause lots of grief and wanted you to know about it!;)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffd000aa4a0d49, 0, fffff801e7eb6dca, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
Hi Bawb,
this bsod occurred when Defender was running and indeed bugcheck 50 can be caused by AV apps. If you check your dxdiag you'll find lot's of telemetry errors to do with Defender. Also this driver:

MpKsld41914c2.sys Wed May 20 02:50:37 2015: Apparently this is a dynamic update driver for MSE, each time MSE updates the name of the driver changes slightly. Usually once MSE has finished with them they are deleted and normally they cannot be seen so something unknown is happening to trap them in the dump file. I'm not sure why this is on your system as Windows 10 is incompatible with MSE.

Have you tried to install MSE at any point?

Did you use MSE when you ran windows 7?

Please update these drivers:

HECIx64.sys Mon Dec 17 19:32:21 2012: Intel engine management driver. You'll find this under 'Utilitites'
H87M-PLUS - Support

Update your chipset drivers too. These are found under 'Chipset':
H87M-PLUS - Support

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Nov 20 11:10:14 2012: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
H87M-PLUS - Support

LGPBTDD.sys Wed Jul 01 19:47:52 2009: Logitech GamePanel Software. This is a little old for win 10. Please update if possible:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads

Your using a Broadcom NetXtreme ll connection with a 2013 device driver. Please try and update:
https://www.broadcom.com/application/ethernet_nic.php#determine_driver

Ok see how you go on with those changes for now. Please let me know about those questions regarding MSE.. Thanks.. :)

Post any new dump files.

Back