Windows 10 Blue screen of death help

You can further information on the recovery environment here:
Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help

I just reread your post as well as the other thread you created (??)

Your running windows 10?

Did you check your machine was compatible?

If you have Windows 8.1 on a usb then you could always re-install that although you'll need a activation key.

However if your already using windows 10 then you may have lost the chance to use the jellybean key finder as you have already removed your original os.

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or perform a clean install?

Last edited:
Yes I am running on windows ten but that recovery thing from the previous post picture is at the conclusion of anything I try ( when I power it on) but this is were I am now...
ImageUploadedByWindowsForum1443291413.825004.jpg

Normal startup doesn't work as well as system recovery bios setup and boot menu DO work and I am currently on windows ten

I forgot to ask, the 'recovery thing' you mentioned have you followed it to a conclusion like clicking on reset?

Resetting your PC

This process is a bit different depending on the version of Windows that you used to create the recovery drive.

If you created a recovery drive on Windows 8 or Windows 8.1:

1. Connect the recovery drive and turn on your PC.

2. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.

3. Select Next > Yes, repartition the drives, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
If you created a recovery drive on Windows 10:

1. Connect the recovery drive and turn on your PC.

2. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC, then choose the reset option that’s best for you.

If that doesn’t fix the problem, try Troubleshoot > Recover from a drive. This will remove your personal files, apps and drivers that you've installed and changes you've made to settings. If you've repartitioned the drive that Windows is installed on, note that this will restore the drive's default partitions.
Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help

Suppose I decide to just get a new windows. Would I just install my new ssd and then would it prompt me to buy a new windows? Further more

To be able to answer you properly I need answers to the questions below:

Ok so if I'm correct you were originally running windows 8.1 and you installed Windows 10.

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or perform a clean install?

The 'recovery thing' you mentioned have you followed it to a conclusion like clicking on reset?

1). Yes
2). Yes
3). I have tried but it says missing a key , or boot code Missing. So if I'm correct I need a usb with a 8.0 recovery drive

Ok,
using the recovery usb you have now boot back into the recovery console. Using this guide to open the command prompt app

When the computer boots off the recovery media, pick the Troubleshoot option

Then choose Advanced Options

and head on over to the Command Prompt.

If you can get the command prompt app working type:
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
Press enter.

If the above doesn't work then your going to need an install disk/USB of Windows 8.1 so you can boot from that and repair the bootloader.

Okay it said "0" but I have windows ten on the usb

So right now what about installing the new ssd and getting a completely new windows ?

So right now what about installing the new ssd and getting a completely new windows ?

That would work I guess as long as your machine is windows 10 compatible. You'll need to purchase a copy in order to get the activation key.

Could I buy a windows 8.1 the update?
And how would I do that ? Install the new ssd and then should it promt me?

Back
Top Bottom