Windows 10 Boot repair DVD for Windows 10.

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I just ran across this while browsing around tonight.
Neosmart (the people who make EasyBCD) are offering a boot recovery DVD .ISO for Windows 10.

https://neosmart.net/EasyRE/

While they charge for all the other OSes, the one for Windows 10 is free for now.
I just downloaded it, I'll make a disk tomorrow.

I could have used this a couple of days ago, when I was having problems.
I can't guarantee that it will fix everything, but any tool is give you another possibility for a good outcome.

Mike

Hi Mike, I just downloaded it from your link and tried it. It took me about two hours with most of the time spent on checking for virus's. It was worth the time as it did find only one Trojan that was not picked up by Malwarebytes. It does check everything from A to Z that you have on your C drive. Everything else was fine for me as I wasn't having any problems at this time. I can't say for sure at this time but believe this could be very beneficial if problems arise.

Tried the browser, it didn't work. Said DNS was not responding so I assume it had a problem with my DHCP Router.
Tried System Restore, it didn't work. Said no restore points found. However checking my system properties I see a half gig consumed by system restore presently.
Didn't bother with auto repair as there was nothing wrong with the system to begin with.

Hi

I opened it and found that the browser didn't connect to anything.
Even though I seemed to have a connection.

System restore opened a search window that let me browse my files, but no option to restore a restore point.
That would really be handy.

Ran the Virus Search and it came up clean.
Didn't try Repair because I don't want to cause problems if I don't have any.

I wish I'd had this the other day when I got the "Boot Media Unavailable" message.
It would be good to know that it would work.

PS, I checked and found that System Restore was turned off, I created a restore point, I'll have to try it again.

Mike

I checked and found that System Restore was turned off, I created a restore point, I'll have to try it again.
Good luck.
In my case System Restore was not turned off.
Probably going to be some bugs in anything created this soon alleging to be for "Windows 10"

Back
Top Bottom