Windows 7 Bootmgr is missing-New Build

bigprimo

So i built a new Comp.

AMD 965
Asus Crosshair
Crucial 4g ballistic Ram
Samsung F3 1T HHD
LG DVD/Burner

So I configured my bios and all parts are good. I go to install Windows 7 for the first time. I partitioned the drive and have way through the installation process I get an error for a corrupted file. It tells me it cannot complete installation and nothing will be saved and it reboots. So I try to install again but I get the "Bootmgr is missing" Ctrl alt del to restart.

Ok so now that where I am because I can not do anything else. I can only either restart and go to Bios or try to let it boot up and it goes back to the error screen. I cant type to bring up any prompts. I can only ctrl alt del or turn off my comp. Burring boot up I can hit Del to go to bios setup. I have tried all boot configs and they all say the same error.

I need help. Thanks in advance.

Hey...

The quickest and simplest method of solving the issue you have is to make a Windows installer USB key. Then tell the bios to boot from that and install. Sometimes, the bios sees the USB stick as a hard drive so keep that in mind when trying to find it when setting it as the first boot device.

There are plenty of pages you can find on how to make the USB installer if you Google.

Hope this helps and best of luck to ya.

Hey...

The quickest and simplest method of solving the issue you have is to make a Windows installer USB key. Then tell the bios to boot from that and install. Sometimes, the bios sees the USB stick as a hard drive so keep that in mind when trying to find it when setting it as the first boot device.

There are plenty of pages you can find on how to make the USB installer if you Google.

Hope this helps and best of luck to ya.

So does that mean there is something wrong with my disk or HDD? I have set it to boot from the HDD as well as the optical and it still gives the same error. Even if I put in a usb I get the same error.

Im going to try it when I get off work. But thats what I wanted to know if it is a hardware issue so I can take back anything thats bad.

1. I'd recommend switching your hard drive (from ide) to ahci, or setup a RAID0 if you have several satas+raid controller.

2. Try installing from USB or from another dvd drive.

If it says "error for a corrupted file" there's a chance the disk drive can't read so you need to try another one. Also, if it's not the genuine disk you're using, you may need to burn a better (readable) copy.

1. I'd recommend switching your hard drive (from ide) to ahci, or setup a RAID0 if you have several satas+raid controller.

2. Try installing from USB or from another dvd drive.

If it says "error for a corrupted file" there's a chance the disk drive can't read so you need to try another one. Also, if it's not the genuine disk you're using, you may need to burn a better (readable) copy.

It said that the 1 time was installing it. But now It just gives me the bootmgr is missing error.

You don't need bootmgr to do a clean install of windows 7.
Yeah but I have no way to get around it. I cant do anything other than go to Bios or boot up to the error screen then Ctrl alt del to restart or turn comp off. Ive tried to boot from every device possible but nothing works!

Make sure the DVD drive is set to be the First Boot Device in the BIOS.

You don't need GParted to install or eliminate partitions prior to install. You can do that from the Windows 7 install screen when it get to the one that shows the hard drive.

Just click the "Advanced Options" button below the window showing the drive. Choose Delete and go from there.

Returned the hard drive for a new one. Flashed the Bios with new version and now I get a bunch of blue screens. Last attempt I got stuck on windows is loading screen after you hit any key to boot from disk or cd...I tried it on 2 different DVD/CDrom players both get stuck on loading windows...

I am going to attempt to load from my usb.

Make sure the DVD drive is set to be the First Boot Device in the BIOS.

You don't need GParted to install or eliminate partitions prior to install. You can do that from the Windows 7 install screen when it get to the one that shows the hard drive.

Just click the "Advanced Options" button below the window showing the drive. Choose Delete and go from there.

tried the usb and all i get is blue screen of death.

I installed the HDD into my old comp and it looks like it wants to run just fine so my new question is can I load windows 7 onto the new HDD in my old comp and then move the HDD over to the new comp and then activate it from there? I'm running out of ideas!

Yes, for sure. This will probably do the trick since it uses (a guess) a different chipset.
So I did a lot of configuring but in the end it was a doa ram stick. So I'm all good and booted up all drivers installed with 1 2gram stick instead of 4. Will be headed back to microcenter for an echange but at least I'm up and running. Now after 2 days of bs'ing I'm going to bed.

Now that I think about it it wasn't doa cause the bios read it and configured but for what ever reason windows installer didn't like it.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom