Windows 7 BSOD after closing hitmanproer

Scharminkel

i runned the malware scanner hitmanpro on windows 7.
I deleted the found items.
I closed the hitmanpro window by clicking x in the right upper corner: at that moment there
Was a windows crash: blue screen.
I rebooted with succes.

Does this mean there is something wrong with hitmanpro?
I used the free 30 day trial licence

I alteady sent a messge to hitmnpro support but they didn't yet answer me.

Hi Baele,
apologies for not answering sooner I must have missed your post. Can you remember what you deleted? Does the bsod still occur or did it only happen once?

Hi Baele,
apologies for not answering sooner I must have missed your post. Can you remember what you deleted? Does the bsod still occur or did it only happen once?
I don't remember what I deleted. It where a 30 items: files and registery items.
And I have no log file.
It seems Hitmanpro does not really delete the files at the first moment: when it indicates deleted but it really deletes when you
reboot. At the moment I rebooted (after the crash) I saw a black screen with the words "Hitman pro".

The BSOD did not reboot automatically: it hanged after the disk dump.

The BSOD only happened once: thereafter I had no problem.

The support of Hitmanpro asked whether I closed my window before the removal of the files but I answered I waited for the words
"deleted". They had not yet an answer for my BSOD.

I have added my W7F zip but probably that will not help much.

Attachments

• W7F_19-01-2015.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 653
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, 0, fffff88003785a28, fffff88003785280}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IopLoadUnloadDriver+1c )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the system tried to read data held in the RAM but either the RAM or the data was corrupt. This may be down to your deleting of certain files but I also noticed your running Norton AV. Now back through the mists of time (circa 2002) Norton was a great anti virus program. Unfortunately this is no longer the case and it wraps it's tentacles around almost every part of the system. On top of this you installed another AV app (HitmanPro) and I just wonder if the two together as well as the file deletion did not sit well with the machine hence the blue screen.
Many of us here run a combination of MSE (Defender) and Malwarebytes which catches pretty much anything it comes across plus you don't have your system slowed down by a huge behemoth of a AV program.

It is of course entirely up to you but I would suggest removing both HitmanPro and Norton. Norton needs a removal tool which can be found here:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Try the combination of both MSE and Malwarebytes:
MSE:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/security-essentials-download
Malwarebytes:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Whilst looking at the HP site (trying to find your system support page) I found this:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=4315295&sw_lang=
I just thought it was worth posting so you were aware.

I had a very hard time trying to find your support page via HP I'm pretty sure your system is this:
HP Pavilion dv7-4180eb

Try HP's site and see if you have any driver updates and/or firmware/Bios.

Thanks for your effort.
I have indeed a HP DV7 4081eb laptop.
I have looked to the HP link you indicated and I know this link: I've already verified this: I have no bad power cable.

I have tried to update my HP drivers by the site "update HP drivers automatically".But the site didn't find a HP product on my site after installing a HP application.Maybe this site is only for printers etc.
So I would need to download each driver seperatly and that I didn't do.
Recently I've updated my BIOS.

I've already uninstalled Hitmanpro.
I don't like MSE (I suppose you mean microsoft security Essentials in combination with defender) because I've read microsoft Essentials has a bad protection percentage.
If I have no further BSOD's I will keep Norton untill my licence has passed and then I will change of antivirus vendor: I think of Bitdefender.

I run already Malwarebytes

I've read there are a lot of people who has BSOD's with Bitdefener.
Do you (or someone) know if this is a real problem?

Hi Baele,
Bitdefender can on occasion cause the odd issue as any Anti-virus application can. I would be wary of running it alongside Norton though. Please keep us updated as to how things are and if we can help in any way you only have to ask.. :)

Back