Windows 7 BSOD after microsoft update

Lordcaine

Good Morning,

I started getting BSOD after a Microsoft update a couple of weeks ago. The BSOD says it is taking a dump but when I go to windows/minidump there is nothing there. It got to the point where the system would only stay up for a few minutes. I ended up taking 2 gig out of my ram config and now the system is much more stable, but it still BSOD every few days. If I run in safe mode it does not appear to BSOD.

Here is the BSOD:

bsodphoto.JPG

I'm at a loss as to where to go. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Arthur A. Roberts

I should have mentioned I had been running windows 7 professional for a year without incident prior to a couple weeks ago. I have made no changes to the hardware in that time except for pulling the 2 gig out for debugging purposes.

Hi

Start by running System File Checker...

From the elevated Prompt Right click on the Prompt Icon and select run as administrator. Then type…

SFC /scannow Scans and restores system files.

Since it doesn't do it in safe mode I'd boot into diagnostic mode and run the computer for a while and see if it runs without incident.
If it does try turning things back on a few at a time and see if you can track down what's causing it.

Type MSconfig in the run box and select Diagnostic Mode, and reboot.

Here's some info about this kind of problem.

How To Fix 0x00000124 Error?

I don't know anything about the repair tool, you might want to do some research and see if it's something that could help with your problem.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that but I acutally did all of that already and should have said so. However if you want a chuckle I think my computer decided to tell me exactly what is going on. I left it to boot into safe mode and when I came back it was powered down. It would not power up after that, sooooo, I'm hoping it's just the power supply. I REALLY hope it's not the motherboard. I just don't enjoy swapping them out.

Thanks,

Arthur

Back