Windows 7 BSOD after startup, same as before...

Jezza

usual symptoms of explorer.exe failing and then leading to BSOD after startup... latest dumps attached

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    64.6 KB · Views: 224
usual symptoms of explorer.exe failing and then leading to BSOD after startup... latest dumps attached

1) Type systeminfo in a command prompt then press enter. If it shows your Realtek lan to be 8111 type, download and install the updated driver from the following link. If any other number, search the left side of the link for yours instead:

RTL8111

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

2) You do not have an antivirus installed.

Download and install Malwarebytes. Run it then update the definitions in it. Let it scan and remove all it finds.

Then when done, install MSE for 24/7 type protection.

3) Uninstall UltraMon as it is way too old for Windows 7:

UltraMonUtility UltraMonUtility.sys Thu Nov 13 20:10:30 2008

4) Post new crash dumps after doing these things if still necessary.

its a fresh install window 7 64 bit, havent updated windows as of yet, uninstalled ultramon, installed malwarebytes, see how we go

havent change a thing, worked fine for a few days. them boom BSOD again... latest dumps attached

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    68.7 KB · Views: 227
I still don't see any 24/7 antivirus protection. Highly recommend installing MSE.

I previously missed it, but you have Daemon Tools and sptd.sys installed, which is notorious for crashing Windows.

Uninstall Daemon Tools normally, then use the installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys, found a the following link. While using, be careful to remove and not update, as there is a choice:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install PowerISO to replace it. The disc emulation part of the software is free forever:

http://www.PowerISO.com

start the computer today and, windows live first crashes, then open mozilla, then that crashes and boom BSOD, EXACTLY THE SAME SYMPTOMS as a month ago... fuk sake

ive added CPU-Z
core voltage is going from 0.920 to 0.992 always changing. is that good?

ive added CPU-Z report, maybe my ram timing is wrong? View attachment POKAI-PC.txt(im just taking a shot in the dark though)

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    107.4 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
100% faulty RAM or improper bios setting for it. Very likely, it means RAM needs to be replaced. Check the bios though and set to failsafe default and save. If that doesn't work well, use CPU-Z to find the exact module model number. Visit manufacturer's site for it. Set the bios manually for vdimm (voltage) and timings. If that doesn't work, replace RAM completely.

100% faulty RAM or improper bios setting for it. Very likely, it means RAM needs to be replaced. Check the bios though and set to failsafe default and save. If that doesn't work well, use CPU-Z to find the exact module model number. Visit manufacturer's site for it. Set the bios manually for vdimm (voltage) and timings. If that doesn't work, replace RAM completely.

i thought it could be my ram... its g.skill trident 4gb 1600mhz, on what u said im not sure how to check ram failsafe default? which tab in bios?, how to check cpuZ module model number? issit the 9.0 clocks 9 clocks 9 clocks then 24 clocks and 74 clocks?

website says 9-9-9-27
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Failsafe defaults is a setting in the bios. It should be on the main bios screen. Set that then save.

change ram timing to 27 from factory website reccomded settings, worked fine for a week and boom BSODS again

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    102.2 KB · Views: 204
Rename MBfilt64.sys to MBfilt64.BAK in C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Then install this to update:

RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jul 06 06:05:16 2010

Realtek

Reboot while installing (it removes driver first time) then reboot and run installer again.

---------

Set failsafe defaults in the bios, as I said to before and was not done. It probably is not going to matter anyhow as there is faulty RAM.

Last edited:
Rename MBfilt64.sys to MBfilt64.BAK in C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Then install this to update:

RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jul 06 06:05:16 2010

Realtek

Reboot while installing (it removes driver first time) then reboot and run installer again.

---------

Set failsafe defaults in the bios, as I said to before and was not done. It probably is not going to matter anyhow as there is faulty RAM.
tried installing that realtek driver, installing and reboot to clear it then tried installing it fresh, windows said it wasnt verifiied and i clicked 100 times to make it install but still pops up asking me...

ill also set failsafe settings at bios later as well

was sweet, i dunno what i did, but more BSOD

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    67 KB · Views: 199
Back
Top Bottom