Windows 7 BSOD ever since I have this computer

Thank you very much, I found it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\, I have renamed the extension to .bak. As for the driver update, I went into the link and I was lost, I have no idea which one to download..

Hi everyone, the problem still persists after renaming the AsIO.sys driver to AsIO.bak. The Realtek driver was, however, not installed as I have problem identifying which one to download. These are the new dump files, which I have looked through myself; similarity is all of them mentioned about memory:frown:. Hope that someone can assist me to find out the problem, thanks.

Attachments

• dumps.zip
    88.6 KB · Views: 153
Lim Jy:
Please uninstall Comodo for testing purposes so we can exclude that product from further diagnostic processes / events.
Please download install and run
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting links to download in right column on that page. Use the built in windows snipping tool to capture, save, upload and attach images of all the tabs as well as all the populated memory slots under the SPD tab.
likewise
PassMark RAMMon - Identify RAM type, speed & memory timings run it and export the report (html) zip it up and attach it.
Click the start orb and type
msinfo32
and hit enter
Click file->save
give it a name LimJy.nfo is fine save it to your desktop, zip it up and attach it.
After which please
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Test RAM sticks individually. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Thanks for the reply and Merry Christmas everyone.

Attached are the files as mentioned in your reply.
As for the Codomo part, check if you meant my firewall? What recommended alternative do you recommend meanwhile if I need to uninstall that?

Thanks and regards.

Attachments

• rammom&cpuid.zip
    678.9 KB · Views: 273
Hi everyone, check if anyone is still following this thread? This problem has not been solved and I see more variety of ways of my computer reboots/BSODs now. Regards.

Very often with many motherboards if all 4 slots are populated with 667Mhz (1333) memory or faster you will need to incrementally increase your RAM voltage to compensate for the physical overburden on the memory controller. So....
Depending on
What your options are (all motherboards are slightly different, check the documentation (motherboard and memory) try bumping the voltage from 1.5 up in incremental steps (1.52, 1.54, 1.6, etc.,).
Additionally you may need to determine if your installed memory is on the QVL (Qualified Vendors List) for your board and perhaps coordinate with the Motherboard Vendor and Memory Vendor to resolve any questions regarding this task.
Additionally you may want to attach a few of your more recent dump files as the latest I can find in this thread are from December 18th.
Regards
Randy

Thanks everyone. I stopped troubleshooting for over 2 months because it has gotten more complicated and troublesome than what I initially thought. This problem has not only not been solved, but has gotten worse lately.

I'm getting BSODs even when I'm not gaming, thought the frequency is probably lower than when I'm gaming. I did some simple search on some BSOD errors i get more frequently (page fault in non paged memory), turns out that the fault is either RAM (likely L2/L3 cache) or HDD. I did not do another memtest, but previous memtest results didn't show any error, and disk error check took like forever so I stopped it, but I doubt that's the cause since I had changed my HDD after I have this problem. Just curious, does video RAM have nonpaged stuff and does it cause this BSOD error as well?

Another thing, I just have my windows tell me (some taskbar notification) that my display driver crashed. I do not have any video or games open. The display just turned black for half a second before the alert and seems like windows recovered on its own by reloading the driver (my guess).

Anyway attached is the big folder of dump files for BSODs happened after my previous dump attachment. That's a lot of dump files, and apparently more and more frequent lately. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• new dump.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 265
Hi Lim Jy. Again!! :D

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I can see nothing major that is wrong with your drivers, though the EagleX64.sys Fri Jun 17 07:52:11 2011 (Hack Shield anti-cheat gaming driver) seems to keep grabbing my attention, for no particular reason I can put a finger on right now.

Can you bin all the dmp files dated 2011 at least, way beyond help now!

Also, as a while has passed, can you re-do the following so we are fully up to date with your set up?

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

I guessed I managed to fix it by changing my display card. It's now only the second day with a total running time of probably 10-12hr. There's no BSODs nor reboots since then. And I see no display driver crashing errors too. I have been trying to stay in places with most players/activity in the game, and I'll continue monitoring for a few more days. Thanks everyone for all the advises, I really appreciate your time in trying to help me out there. ;)

Hope it stays good for you and Thanks for the feedback.

We hope to continue to see you around (under better circumstances!!).

Back
Top Bottom