Windows 7 BSOD everytime I start up computer.

WikiSonic

So today I log in to my computer and I get a BSOD. This happens within seconds every time I get logged in, I can't do anything on my computer. Need help!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8000326A703
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 000000007EFA0000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012012-54647-01.dmp
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-134504-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Then:
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from alltabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Good luck
Randy

View attachment Seven Forums.zip

Here's all of the files that I could get. A few of the tabs in CPU-Z didn't show anything, probably because I can only run my computer in safe mode.

Also, RAMMon didn't work for me.

So yeah, hopefully someone can help find the answer!

And thanks.

Hi WikiSonic and Welcome to The Forum,

There are two things you need to do as a priority:

Make sure your system is fully updated including SP1.
Download and install the correct system readiness tool prior to installing SP1.
System Update Readiness Tool for 32bit (x86)
System Update Readiness Tool for 64bit (x64)

Norton is known to be a cause of BSOD's on many Windows 7 systems. I suggest that you uninstall Norton using the Norton Removal Tool in Safe Mode. Download Blue Screen friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error as its replacement. Make sure Windows firewall is enabled!

Unforunately, I can't do any of these things because I can only run my computer in safe mode without getting a BSOD. =(

Sorry, Can you quantify your last post? If you try Safe Mode you Bsod? Yes or no? (sorry if this sounds anal)

I mean I can't install any of those because the only time my computer doesn't BSOD is when I'm in safe mode. So no, safe mode doesn't cause the BSOD.

And or;
In safe mode see if you can run the Norton Removal tool linked to by Elmer above.
If not, click the start orb and type
msconfig
and hit enter
select the startup tab and deselect anything Norton and or Symantec
select the services tab and likewise deselect anything Norton and or Symantec
OK
Reboot
See if it will start in normal mode now. If yes follow Elmer's previous instructions.
If not download this program (get the correct version for your architecture) and grab a blank CD double click the program and it will create a bootable CD for you. Just start the computer from that CD and run a "Full" scan.

I managed to get on normally but my computer then did a system check. The system check was able to fix several things except errors with my hard drive. Then critical errors came from my hard drive and then it BSOD'd again. I got back on in safe mode and when I select Start the ability to select My Computer, Control Panel, etc. is gone.

Did my hard drive just die?

I managed to get on normally but my computer then did a system check. The system check was able to fix several things except errors with my hard drive. Then critical errors came from my hard drive and then it BSOD'd again. I got back on in safe mode and when I select Start the ability to select My Computer, Control Panel, etc. is gone.

Did my hard drive just die?
It is possible, but more likely possible data corruption. Can you still boot into safemode?
if so do a Check Disk
open an elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
answer yes "Y" to the prompt and reboot.
such data corruption can occur as a result of some physical problem with the drive or because of frequent dirty shut downs as a result of the Blue Screen errors, or a possible infection.
Can you use the program I linked to earlier to determine if you have a possible infection? Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta | Microsoft Connect

The disk check got to around 50% before it said it can't continue in read-only mode.

I'll try to do the system sweep if I can get into normal mode long enough.

The disk check got to around 50% before it said it can't continue in read-only mode.
That is not sounding good.
I'll try to do the system sweep if I can get into normal mode long enough.
The Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper does not require you to boot the system into the OS. You can use another computer to create the disk and then boot the problem machine with the disk. It works and runs on its' own independent of the operating system.

I did a system sweep and it said it found a Trojan and then removed it. I did another scan and it said my computer was safe. I booted up from the hard drive normally but I still got a BSOD when I logged in.

I did a system sweep and it said it found a Trojan and then removed it. I did another scan and it said my computer was safe. I booted up from the hard drive normally but I still got a BSOD when I logged in.

Could you attach the dump file from that BSOD?
Can you take a moment and run this Link Removed - Invalid URL in safe mode.
Can you use the Clean Boot method to see if you can narrow down what may be causing the issue.
Can you create another administrators group user account and see if you can log on to that account in normal mode without BSOD?

I ran the the software that removed the malware and booted up normally and so far everything is working as normal.
I've been logged in for about 20 minutes now doing normal tasks and no more problems have occurred.
I'm also doing a scan with my security software and so far there are no more risks.

I have to give you a huge thanks. =D Seriously, I would have been screwed if I didn't have anyone to walk me through this problem. Thank you so much!

I ran the the software that removed the malware and booted up normally and so far everything is working as normal.
I've been logged in for about 20 minutes now doing normal tasks and no more problems have occurred.
I'm also doing a scan with my security software and so far there are no more risks.

I have to give you a huge thanks. =D Seriously, I would have been screwed if I didn't have anyone to walk me through this problem. Thank you so much!
I would hope that whatever security software you are using, it is not the same security software that allowed the infection to occur in the first place.
Glad to hear that at least for now you seem to be operating normally, that's good news. But you might want to spend some time really konking the machine with antimalware products, preferably in plain old safemode, after downloading, installing and updating the product to the most current signatures available.
I'm a big fan of Malwarebytes AntiMalware (actually paid for the commercial pro version) but they have a free version as well.
Also you may want to include SuperAntiSypware and Spybot Search and Destroy (don't install TeaTimer with it) to your toolbox. If for nothing else your own peace of mind that the infection is likely gone.
You're welcome of course and thanks for the followup and posting back with your solution.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom