Windows 10 BSOD help needed.

brkkab

Excellent Member
I has a bsod earlier that I need help with. I've slready run the following.
sfc/ scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
None of them found any issues.
For about 2 2 1/2 weeks now my pc has frequently been turning itself off.
I know nothing is overheating as I have a Corsair H-100 heatsink.
I'm attaching a msinfo32.zip and the bsod.zip files

Attachments

• 100215-14375-01.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 257
  • msinfo32.zip
    291.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 100215-14375-01.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 251
  • msinfo32.zip
    291.1 KB · Views: 272
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00021e0d890, ffffd00021e0d7e8, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avc3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avc3.sys
Probably caused by : avc3.sys ( avc3+7d1fb )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above Bugcheck is blaming Bitdefender as a probable cause and I can also see it not just once but 3 times in the call stack. The exception type for this particular bugcheck (each is different depending on different issues and machines) is a code 3 which unfortunately is the hardest issue to track down and can take some detective work.
Your best course of action is to remove Bitdefender (see below) and see how things go although I wonder if this may have something to do with the issue:

adgnetworktdidrv.sys Mon Jun 01 13:49:52 2015: Adguard for Windows. I'm not sure how compatible this is for windows 10 and I'd probably would remove this before Bitdefender. If the bsod re-occurrs and it looks the same remove Bitdefender.

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 03 03:47:59 2010: ASUS hardware monitoring software related. 2010 is a tad old for windows 10 please update:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 02:17:35 2012: Asus Charger Driver can cause BSOD at times.

Post any new dump files.

Thanks kemical. Is adgnetworkdidrv.sys part of Adblock Plus for IE or is it a Asus driver ? The 2010 file from Asus I'll remove w/Autoruns.
I'm thinking Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 may be the issue, too.
I've got it setup to run full scans every morning and it's crashed/turned off my pc the last 2 days during the scan. I uninstalled it the other day and ran there removal tool in safe mode. I then reinstalled, as Windows Defender still stink's.
I'm in the process of a Skylake build. It's gonna take until March/April before I have all the parts, as I'm on disability and going higher end with that build. All I have so far is the mobo Asus Maximus VIII Hero and this morning I ordered a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 ssd.
The mobo has a free year of Kaspersky Antivirus with it.
Thhe rams gonna be $300.00 as I'm getting 32GBs.I'm getting 2 GeForce GTX 970's 4GB preferably EVGA Superclocked or Asus Strix. A Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced case and custom dust filters for it. A Corsair HW-1000i psu and H-100i GTX heatsink. All aftermarket led pwm fans for case and push/pull for heatsink.
My optical drives, hdd and memory card reader from this pc are the only old parts I'm using in it.
I then have to sell this one as Medicare doesn't cover eyeglasses (without cataract surgery) and I'm legally blind and can't read anything big 5 Feet in front of me. I also need 2 special things in the glasses. Last pair was over $450 a decade ago.

That's not me. Usually once I have it built, I go into upgrade mode. I already know what I'm getting once the pc is built. I'll be looking for a decent ips monitor. Then I'll probably get a Seagate Barracuda 4.0TB hdd and put the 3.0TB one back in this pc before selling it. I'm gonna sell my current monitor with this pc, too.
By that time then I'll have 3 or 4 month's break on buying part's. In that time, I'll probably get a newer smartphone.

After removing all that stuff with Autoruns, Bitdefender crashed again while scanning. I posted with them before posting here. Maybe, I'll here from them by Tuesday.No more bsods. Now it just shut's the pc off during the scan. I removed all the Asus software, too with YourUninstaller..

Uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 and installed the McAfee Antivirus that I get for free from my isp.

Ok bud post any new dump files if they should occur..

I'm wondering if I need to clean my fans or if my motherboard is starting to fail. McAfee shut's the pc off during a full scan. I wasn't home when it happened. Had a doctor's appointment, but my door was locked with my dog in my room.

I'm gonna try a trick tomorrow. I'm gonna take my pc apart and use some alcohol pads to clean all the fan blades and see if that fixes it. I know it isn't the heatsink, as I cleaned it and the cpu a little over a month ago and put new Arctic Silver on it.
It's about time for me to use some compressed air on it too.

I'm pretty sure it will crash in Prime95 now.
It's weird after every av shutdown, I have to reset my settings in the uefi.
According to Raxco's PerfectUpdater all my driver's are up to date.

It sounds like something is very wrong if it won't run prime95 and is crashing even with an av scan. If your overclocking I'd return to default values.
Sounds like your Bios battery may be low if your having to input settings in the bios every time?

It's not overclocked. That's why I'm wondering if the mobo is failing.
I do know when I had Bitdefender installed, it wasn't shutting down until the full scan was at between 82 to 85% done.
The full scan I did with McAfee today, I left right after I started it.

I ran Prime95 and it didn't crash/shut off my pc. Here's a copy of the results.

Attachments

• Prime95.PNG
    Prime95.PNG
    89.1 KB · Views: 490
Yes, I watched when I ran a full scan early this morning and the pc shut off when it hit 50%.
I'll try a safe mode scan with it in a little while.
I have a few medical phone calls I need to make that will probably take 1-2 hours.

Tried the full scan with McAfee in safe mode. It apparently won't scan in safe mode. It said it was running, but the scan progress was at 0% after 15 minutes and it never showed the path of what file was being scanned like it does out of safe mode. Bitdefender didn't scan in safe mode either in 10. With Bitdefender I found a way to do it by right clicking drive C: and clicking on Bitdefender>Run Scan. If I try rightclicking C:>Scan, McAfee does nothing.
I'll try CheckDisk now. I've done that roughly 10 times in 2 weeks with no errors found.

I did actually wonder after I suggested running in safe mode whether it would run or not but in any case can you reset the Bios? Also ensure your running in UEFI legacy mode just in case.
Does the pc also turn off when you try to scan with Defender? Does it turn off with anything else or just the AV? Have you checked the event log to see if anything is cropping up there?
I'd also check Device manager just to make sure all looks ok and is running right.

You also need to change the bios battery as it could be low.

Last edited:
Back