Windows 7 BSOD :( help?

how the hell do i get memtest.... i tried the ISO, it fails badly, is there anyway that actually works!?

no, i cant get it to run, cant mount image file.. ive put it on a blank disc, it skips it and boots from HDD....

Make sure you burned it as an iso file and not data.

Then you have to set the motherboard bios to boot from the cd/dvd drive while the disc is in.

i did! the iso file is in the disc.... not the "Boot" thing..... and i have.. it says
"Loading Operating System
Boot from CD:
_
"
then loads windows normally!

got it, NO ERRORS... so what now?

Have you tried to see if another computer will boot from the dvd. I get the feeling either it wasnt burned as a bootable ISO, or the DVD drive cant read it. Either way if it doesnt work on another machine you know what it is

Ken J

another BSOD, my friend said if i use the "repair" function on the windows 7 disc, it might help...
this BSOD tell you anything new? or just the same?
RAM tested no errors, like ive said twice, my friend is VERY persistant that its NOT a HardDrive problem (Faulty) he says it is most likely corrupt windows files....
so...

edit: Also, he did a DskChk thing the other day and he has 3 HDD which add up to 1.5TB, and it took him 2mins..... it took me 2 hours....
so, i am really getting confused
or would a reformat help?

Attachments

• 091710-15225-01.dmp
    158.8 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
i did SFC /scannow
and it seems i have some corrupt files which it couldnt fix, would the "repair" tool on the windows 7 disc solve this. or what? it said "look in CBS logs for details" and i saw that it repaired a few things in "system 32" so, is that good? or should i use repair on disc, or reformat?

If that doesn't fix it, then test the memory overnight with Memtest86+.

If any errors shown, replace the RAM.

--------

If no errors shown, then the hard drive is likely faulty. <<< (This is probably the reason.)

A few minutes is not overnight. You have to extensively test the memory. Even isolate one module at a time while removing others, to test.

i forgot to mention, i did while i was at school too, did over 50 tests... NO errors....
so hard drive needs replacing? DEFINATELY the hardware?
and only have a single 2GB stick o' RAM

ARGHH!! ANOTHER BSOD!!!!
ok, i need to know...
is it 100% hardware fault on the hard drive and not the motherboard or anything!
is it 100% the only way to fix it... please...

Attachments

• 091710-17503-01.dmp
    158.8 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
091710-17503-01.dmp
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M (1000007f)
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE

Jmicron has been updated, it's good now

jraid.sys Tue Aug 10 12:28:25 2010

Now run memtest overnight:
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

i HAVE!!!! i got NO errors whatsoever!! did TONS of tests, zero error, ziltch!!! over like.. an 8 hour period!

I would definitely borrow or pull another hard drive from another machine and install Windows on it, while removing your current hard drive too.

If it all works well like this, then return your current hard drive for RMA.

Basically, test the system out with a different hard drive.

RMA?
and i have no where to get another hard drive from....
its either this one, or having to give this back to the shop for a new one (year warranty :D)
so... you saying it might NOT be my harddrive, but the system install? or that its something else? i dunno?

Would be good to see the memtest results.

i did SFC /scannow
and it seems i have some corrupt files which it couldnt fix, would the "repair" tool on the windows 7 disc solve this. or what? it said "look in CBS logs for details" and i saw that it repaired a few things in "system 32" so, is that good? or should i use repair on disc, or reformat?

For your hard disk,

chkdsk /r /f

Hard Drive Testing Tools - Top 7 Free Hard Drive Testing Tools - Hard Drive Diagnostics

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff559244(VS.85).aspx

Back
Top Bottom