Windows 7 BSOD :( help?

memtest didnt give a result... or do u mean the SFC /scannow?
memtest just said that there were no errors.... on the screen, dunno if it stores the memtest data anywhere.
Both Chkdsk?
i believe i did Chkdsk /r before and it took ages with no results.....
so.. will i do it again, what do i do after? post what it says?

Memory corruption? so its a harddrive error?

Besides memory-corruption, your dump also points to UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, and microsoft standard recommendations in this event are:

The following actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:

1. Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
  2. Scan your computer for computer viruses.
  3. Check your hard disk for errors.

well, ive got all drivers, so thats one... i have no AV... but im sure windows Scan will work.... and this thing u sent tests hard drive....
How do i fix the memory corruption though? reformat?

memtest didnt give a result... or do u mean the SFC /scannow?
memtest just said that there were no errors.... on the screen, dunno if it stores the memtest data anywhere.
Both Chkdsk?
i believe i did Chkdsk /r before and it took ages with no results.....
so.. will i do it again, what do i do after? post what it says?

HDDScan

wait, why are you linking that? i just Downloaded one of those top 7 HDD testers.. and am testing... should i do that TOO??

How do i fix the memory corruption though?

Memory_corruption does not always mean the RAM is actually defective, that's why memtest is recommended to find out. If you are absolutely sure the memory is fine - then it's fine.

You mention sfc /scannow did not fix everything. I'd recommend you back up all your data of importance, reformat and reinstall. If nothing helps and your hardware is healthy.

the RAM is fine, memtest says, and im confident...
just, no point reformatting onto a faulty HDD (if it IS faulty)
This test seems to prove my hardware is fine... but who knows, might fail any second.
sfc /scannow didnt fix a few random stuff which i dunno what it is, u want the data? its long and makes no sense to me, but might be "slightly" helpful to you

Last edited:
ok, so what do i try before i go for the big reformat?
Gonna do these HDD scans overnight...
Do you want the Scannow Data?
anything else?

in event viewer i noticed that theres ALOT of errors and warning before and after the system dies....
they mainly consist of "The atksgt service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified."
+
"The lirsgt service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified."
+
"Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0"
and finally
"The SPP Notification Service service terminated with the following error:
Access is denied."

is that helpful? or is that normal?
is that fixable by formatting?

Those are just telling you that the potentially faulty files we got rid of can't be loaded. You can rid those messages by uninstalling the related services. You can use a command prompt or the really easy way to do it is within Daemon Tools. I wouldn't even bother worrying about them now, since you either have faulty RAM or faulty HDD.

I am guessing you never tested the memory modules individually and in different motherboard slots, which needs to be done to find out if a slot or RAM stick is defective.

But really, looks like you need a new hard drive as I've been saying throughout the whole thread.

well, ive tested RAM and HDD fully with a whole bunch o' tests, and they pass, easily..
i think its a corrupted installation, so do my friends...
i think il reformat, if that doesnt help, THEN il start thinking about replacing stuff, no point spending ££££ on something that could of been fixed without the hassle

well, ive tested RAM and HDD fully with a whole bunch o' tests, and they pass, easily..
i think its a corrupted installation, so do my friends...
i think il reformat, if that doesnt help, THEN il start thinking about replacing stuff, no point spending ££££ on something that could of been fixed without the hassle

As seen in most of your crash dumps:

Code:
9dd02394 82cd3382 0000008e c0000005 2e24e0a3 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
9dd027b7 82c5a036 9dd027d3 00000000 9dd02827 nt!KiDispatchException+0x1ac
9dd0281f 82c59fea 9dd02930 2e24e0a3 badb0d00 nt!CommonDispatchException+0x4a
9dd02827 2e24e0a3 badb0d00 00000048 d7f10000 nt!Kei386EoiHelper+0x192
WARNING: Frame IP not in any known module. Following frames may be wrong.
9dd02930 88ca26b4 875318c0 a32e24e0 00000010 0x2e24e0a3
9dd029f8 88ca43d2 875318c0 a32e24e0 00000001 Ntfs!NtfsInitializeFcbAndStdInfo+0x14b
9dd02bf4 88c9532c 875318c0 84de1008 a32cd0f8 Ntfs!NtfsCreateNewFile+0x8d5
9dd02cdc 88c1b210 875318c0 84de1008 9c493944 Ntfs!NtfsCommonCreate+0xd2f
9dd02d1c 82c8611e 9c4938dc 00000000 ffffffff Ntfs!NtfsCommonCreateCallout+0x20
9dd02d1c 82c86215 9c4938dc 00000000 ffffffff nt!KiSwapKernelStackAndExit+0x15a
9c493840 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiSwitchKernelStackAndCallout+0x31
The references to NTFS (your file system/hdd) don't lie. There's a file system or drive problem for sure.

You've failed to follow advice about testing with a replaced hard drive, so I suggest you ""hassle" your friends with the problem instead of putting the "hassle" off to us.

Last edited:
As ive said before, i dont have the resources for a spare harddrive...
okay, im not sure if your being sarcastic.... about the file system or a driver problem....

That's unfortunate about not having resources.

So you can consider it like a car mechanic telling you that you need a new engine and your reply is that you don't have resources.

You wouldn't stand there and continue to ask the mechanic what is wrong while telling him your friends think it needs a new tire, would you?

my friends aren't telling me to buy something.... i'd rather go through every step which doesnt cost me alot of money BEFORE buying something..
Im not saying you're wrong, im saying you might of overlooked something that might help, its not impossible...
Ive reformatted and hopefully it will fix it.. if it doesnt. THEN il go get a new HDD... im not gonna go waste money on something that i dont 100% need that piece...
And i find that comparison quite offensive...

my friends aren't telling me to buy something.... i'd rather go through every step which doesnt cost me alot of money BEFORE buying something..
Im not saying you're wrong, im saying you might of overlooked something that might help, its not impossible...
Ive reformatted and hopefully it will fix it.. if it doesnt. THEN il go get a new HDD... im not gonna go waste money on something that i dont 100% need that piece...
And i find that comparison quite offensive...

While we all have limited or non existent resources, no one was trying to be offensive. If the format works we all are happy if not then some more than others. Good luck with the format

ken J

well i got BSOD's when i did reformat, might be due to Drivers, wouldnt let me upload it...
My friend has given me his 150GB HDD to see if it will work on that, if it still BSOD's then its not the HDD, cause this is the same HDD he used to install windows not so long ago...

Wont let me post BSOD, friends HDD, and its Still BSOD'ing... so it ISNT the HDD, so there u go.... Suspect now is my Mobo, what should i do!?

Back