Windows 7 BSOD issues on new computer - mostly occur within a second of pressing "Shutdown" on start menu

woodsies

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a new computer and have had a couple of of BSODs pop up. BlueScreenView counted eight in total. They mostly occur immediately after I press "Shutdown". All open windows close to show the desktop picture without any icons on it (as usually happens during a normal shutdown), but instead of the usual "Logging off" screen, it just crashes to BSOD.

However, a couple of times it has crashed to BSOD when I'm just browsing the internet, etc.

It doesn't seem to be too big of an issue, as 99.9% of the time the computer runs fantasticly, it's just scary having these pop up at you every so often

BlueScreenView says the files causing it are ntoskrnl.exe (most of the time (6 out of 8), with fltmgr.sys and dxgkrnl.sys also causing 1 crash each.

The bug check strings all say either page_fault_in_nonpaged_area or memory_management.

I think I've attached everything it said you needed in the "asking for help" sticky. Let me know if I've missed anything or you need more.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 616
Last edited:
Back