Windows 7 BSOD - NTOSKrnel

DeRanjed

I really hope you all are able to help me. I am at my wits end. This is my first time posting on one of these so I'm going to give you everything I think of So some background info first:

My computer:
AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor
NVIDIA GEFORCE 550ti graphics card
8GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium -64bit

History of my P.C.:

I built this computer myself with the help of my buddies who know way more than I do. It started out with Windows XP and I've upgraded things here and there since I made the computer about 6 years ago if I remember correctly. I've had random issues and probably some random BSOD's but not as many as I currently have.

Attempted Fixes: These BSOD issues have been occurring in such a frequent manner for about 2 months. I've been scouring these sites which have recommended I do the following:

• Get rid of Norton 360 (did that, currently using Microsoft Security Essentials)
  • Uninstall all graphics drivers and reinstall (did that... even replaced my old GeForce 9800GTX with the 550ti)
  • Run Memtest86+ (did that with 2 passes to no errors)
  • Install Blue Screen View and WhoCrashed (did both)
  • Download Slim Drivers and make sure all drivers are up to date (done)
  • Update BIOS (not done because I'm not that savvy)
  • Do other things in command prompt that I can't quite remember.
The point is that I have done quite a bit... I got so frustrated recently that I wiped my computer and slowly re-installed everything and my problems still aren't fixed. I've attached the recent blue screen that occurred.

Please let me know if there is any information I can add. I tried to be a thorough as possible but I doubt I touched on everything you all need. Thanks for your help!

View attachment 020312-27814-01.zip

Second BSOD just happened since wiping my drive last night. I really don't know what to do short of starting over and building a whole new computer which I'd really rather not do.

Attachments

• 020412-19827-01.zip
    24 KB · Views: 129
Well, wiping the drive and starting over should have removed some possibility of a driver causing the problem. Have you loaded anything beside the basic Windows Install? Are you allowing Windows Updates which might have added a driver? Starting in Safe Mode and running that way for a while might help diagnose.

The bugcheck says memory corruption. You ran a memory tester 2 times, but over in the BSOD forum, they suggest running it for quite a bit longer.

When you boot, you might go into the bios and watch the system temperatures. Let it sit there for a while to see if the CPU temp is going up.

Since the system is 6 years old, have you replaced the power supply in that time? Don't know for sure, but the newer chips might need a different version, anyway, something to think about.

Are there any on board devices you could shut down for testing, like sound, or Blue Tooth, or maybe some type of USB charger for devices? Any external devices you could unplug?

You also might think about using a Linux Live disk to boot and let your system run. If it does not blue Screen, it might be related to something in Windows.

Thanks for the reply Saltgrass,

I plan on letting memtest run tonight while I go to work so it should be able to run for around 15 hours which should give me somewhat definitive proof there.

I have not replaced the power supply since I built the computer nor have I replaced the mother board or processor. My only real changes have been the video card and the RAM and peripherals.

When I wiped the machine and started it up again I set Windows Update to download updates but choose to let me install so I don't think that will be the problem but I'll go back and double check what it has done just to check.

Thanks again.

Just to add another update I ran memtest86 for about 20 hours and for 7 passes (does it take everyone else this long?) and there were no errors.

If you get any more dump files, be sure and attach them.

Memory corruption can come from other places, especially in Windows 7. A page file might get corrupted, which could mean a hard drive problem. Possibly a CPU situation--just hard to tell.

I would try to keep track and see if anything seemed to happen that might spur the crash. Any time of the Day, any special operations.

The Event Viewer might give you some information. If you see any error or warning messages that are consistent, they might point to a cause? Windows 7 put more restrictions on drivers and some of the devices on your current board may be getting dated, or starting to fail.

Someone may come by that will give you a better idea of what the dump file might indicate.

As luck would have it I just got another BSOD. It always seems to be the NTOSkrnel. I had other problems before I wiped the drive but even those were far fewer and the ntoskrnel problem always occurred the most.

It seems to me that most of these errors occur when I am playing a game, watching something online and things like that. However, that isn't saying much because that is the way I spend MOST of my time on my computer. But for what it's worth that does seem to be related in some way.

Right now I'm so frustrated and if this continues as often as it was before and I can't get it fixed then I am just going to start over: Motherboard, processor, RAM... everything. I'd probably keep my video card because it's brand new but other than that I'd change it all.View attachment 020512-25864-01.zip

The dump file seems to indicate a A bugcheck code.

An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.

If these crashes really occur when watching something online, then the network and video might be involved. If it were a specific type of video, it might be a clue. I am sure you have checked for a heat problem.

But if the error message is correct or accurate, some driver is not behaving. There are ways to narrow down the problem as far as drivers, but it might not let you do what seems to be related to the problem.

Anyway, open msconfig.exe and go to the startup tab. You can uncheck certain startup items to see if you can find the one that might be causing the problem. This is strictly hit and miss, but use your best judgement and look for non-Microsoft items.

If that doesn't find something, go to the General Tab. The options there can be used to narrow down the possibility of certain types of drivers or services by keeping them from starting. You might start with the diagnostic startup and see if you get the crashes. Next you could use the Selective startup to load either services or startup items, but not both. If it crashes with one of those checked, you might narrow it to certain services or not.

If this doesn't help, the next thing we might get into is the Driver Verifier.

1st DUMP:
Code:
BugCheck 4E, {99, 159046, 3, 1dfe43}
[COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/B][/U][/COLOR] ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
[COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]Typically caused by drivers[/B][/U][/COLOR] passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc).
2nd DUMP:
Code:
BugCheck A, {fffffa7ffffffe60, 2, 1, fffff8000305a841}
[COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/B][/U][/COLOR] ( nt!MmZeroPageThread+3c4 )
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  [COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.[/B][/U][/COLOR]
3rd DUMP:
Code:
BugCheck A, {fffffa7fffffffd0, 2, 1, fffff800030d825c}
[COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/B][/U][/COLOR] ( nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList+54c )
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  [COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.[/B][/U][/COLOR]
As Saltgrass has already indicated there might be an issue with your network adapter
yk62x64.sys 9/28/2009 Marvell Yukon networking Update from here Marvell - Support - Driver Downloads
Additionally you may need to address this driver
P17.sys 10/16/2009 Creative SB Audigy LS by either updating (Creative Worldwide Support) uninstalling or renaming.
And see what Logitech has available in the way of updated drivers for your Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver and or Logitech Keyboard Logitech - Support & Software Downloads
Since paging, as Saltgrass has also already mentioned is indicated in all three of your dump files you may also want to check your hard drive for possible problems.
You can check with your specific hard drive manufacturer for vendor specific tools to test the drive and or use the built in disk check utility. Launch an elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter
answer yes "Y" when prompted and reboot
let it finish all five stages and check the Event Viewer and see what has been reported.
If Blue Screens persist;
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Additionally, if you haven’t already, please take some time and fill out your system specs in your forum profile area http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529 .
Good luck
Randy

Back