Windows 7 BSOD on a new Rig

topgun9

I installed the componenets on this new system on 1st feb. I have been getting BSOD every 4 hours or so.

I have tried the following:
1. Put in a different graphics card.
2. Put in a better CPU cooler.
3. Tried 3 different versions of the graphics card driver.

The brief description of my hardware is:
Intel Core i3-2120T CPU @ 2.60GHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler
CPU Idle Temp Value 35 °C
Motherboard Chipset Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68X-UD3H-B3 (Socket 1155)
System Memory 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (10-10-10-27)
Video Card AMD Radeon Gigabyte 6870 1GB DDR
Video Card Temperature 43 °C
Power Supply Unit (PSU) OCZ 500W
Anti virus: MS security essentials.

With this post I have attached the mini dump files from the last 4 crashes. I have also updated the details of my computer in my profile.

Hopefully I have provided enough information.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 020812-36566-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 413
  • 020912-35958-01.dmp
    268.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 020912-36457-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 381
  • 020912-38813-01.dmp
    268.5 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
When attaching dmp files, PLEASE put them in a single zipped folder
Hi topgun and Welcome to The Forum.

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

When attaching dmp files, PLEASE put them in a single zipped folder

Thanks Elmer.

Here are the screenshots from CPU-Z
cpu-tab-cpuz.PNGgraphics-tab-cpuz.PNGmainboard-tab-cpuz.PNGmemory-tab-cpuz.PNGslot1-spd-tab-cpuz.PNGslot2-spd-tab-cpuz.PNGslot3-spd-tab-cpuz.PNGslot4-spd-tab-cpuz.PNG

I have also attached the SF Diag Tool Output as a compressed archive.

Thanks,

Attachments

• SFDiagToolV4OutputForTopgun9Desktop.zip
    932.5 KB · Views: 345
Excellent. Thanks. Now need someone to read them!! Ha! Joking. Gotta nip out for a short while, if nobody beats me to it, I'll try to give you some solutions.

Have patience (that's aimed at me, not you!).

You got 32Gb of ram and I'm making my poor liitle 4Gb machine sweat its nuts off to sort you out??? I'm jealous! In a big way!

Last edited:
Hi again.

There's a thread here http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...d-shut-down-minidump-attached.html#post247393 that I'd like you to look at. Paying particular attention to the references re the eTron drivers in the posts by Trouble (start at post #4). These are becoming more popular at the moment which suggests an issue. Especially when Etron release new drivers two weeks after their new drivers.

Can you update those first please? Get them from the link Trouble provided if that is what it takes.

G'Luck!!

Thanks Elmer.

I have updated the eton USB driver to version 105. I have attached the screen-shots of the old version and the new version. I will come back and post in this thread if the problem is solved or not.

new-eton-usb-driver.PNGold-eton-usb-driver.PNG

WOW !!

This fixed it. The machine seems to be stable now !!

THANKS Elmer.

(I would like to talk to you. Send me a PM if you want to talk. )

Back