Windows 7 BSOD on dual monitor set up

Nickoboosh

I have been experiencing issues for a while now, since I upgraded CPU, motherboard and memory in one go.

My system worked fine prior to the changes, and after a full reinstall, I've been having frequent issues with BSOD.

My system is currently;

Intel i5-3570K Ivybridge
Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
2x 4gb Patriot memory
Radeon HD4870
Windows 7 Professional 64bit Service Pack 1
250 GB Sata Western Digital Hard Drive (Windows installed on this drive)
80GB Sata Western Digital Hard Drive
Samsung SyncMaster 226BW monitor @ 1680x1050
LG Flatron W2242S Monitor @1440x900

The BSOD messages I am getting are "Paging fault in non-paged area" and "Video Scheduler has experienced an unexpected fatal error"

I've searched across the internet, and there doesn't seem to be a link that I can find between the two.

The BSOD occurs most often when I am playing a game (normally World of Warcraft) and watching flash based video in my second monitor.

Recently I have been playing a number of single player games, and therefore only have applications running in the main monitor, and have no problems with BSOD, it only seems to be while utilizing both monitors I have an issue.

Obviously, ask if any more info is needed.

Attachments

• Seven Forums (2).zip
    2 MB · Views: 557
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the info. Good job.
You may want to catch up your system BIOS to the most current version.
Code:
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = P8Z77-V LX
BaseBoardVersion = Rev X.0x
BiosVersion = [COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]0401[/B][/U][/COLOR]
BiosReleaseDate = [COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]02/14/2012[/B][/U][/COLOR]
According to ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z77-V LX
there have been four (4) updates, all of which seem to address system stability.
After which if Blue Screens persist please attach any new ones here in your thread and we'll have a further look see.

OK. Just be sure to read all documentation with respect to the process that is available in your motherboard manual as well as anything available on the motherboard manufacturer's website regarding the process.
Make note and document any custom settings that you may have made as a flash update may reset them to a predefined or default condition.

Generally speaking just the newest / latest.
Assuming no release notes or other documentation to the contrary.
Occasionally you may see some notation regarding catching up a storage controller driver or a chipset driver to take full advantage of the BIOS update, but generally speaking they are roll-up packages and do not require incremental updates in steps.
There are rare exceptions in my personal experience (a Dell Server which Dell Tech support insisted that I do the flash updates in steps) but as I said generally they will be annotated as such.

Sorry about the lateness of the response, been very busy. However, I have had time to test extensively, and the solution involving BIOS update has worked perfectly. Thanks very much for the help:)

Late is good. Thanks for the follow up and posting back and updating your thread with the solution that worked for you. Glad to hear that you have managed to solve your problem.
Regards
Randy

Back