Windows 7 BSOD On Wake Up (ASUS Sabretooth)

PaulJM

Hi Folks, I wonder if you can help?

I recently have setup my custom build machine (SPEC HERE: Image 2012-03-19 at 9.51.01 AM.png - Using 1TB HDs in RAID0 and have a 1TB IDE attached too.) and I'm having an issue with it as it BSODs on wakeup from sleep.

Event Manager shows this:

HTML:
    - System     

- Provider     

[  Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power    

[  Guid]  {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}    

EventID 41    

Version 2    

Level 1    

Task 63    

Opcode 0    

Keywords 0x8000000000000002    

- TimeCreated     

[  SystemTime]  2012-03-18T19:01:09.950420100Z    

EventRecordID 7109    

Correlation    

- Execution     

[  ProcessID]  4    

[  ThreadID]  8    

Channel System    

Computer Paul-PC    

- Security     

[  UserID]  S-1-5-18    - EventData     

BugcheckCode 0    

BugcheckParameter1 0x0    

BugcheckParameter2 0x0    

BugcheckParameter3 0x0    

BugcheckParameter4 0x0    

SleepInProgress false    

PowerButtonTimestamp 0
I have tried sleep mode 3 times and each time is he same, it wakes up fine but freezes after a few minutes then I get the BSOD.

I enabled the minidump and forced a BSOD, I rebooted and the folder is empty?

I did take a snap of the BSOD though: Image 2012-03-19 at 10.18.37 AM.png

Tried updating all drivers, tried the windows hotfix but no luck so far, any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Paul and Welcome to The Forum.

STOP 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Usual causes:
Memory, Paging file corruption, File system, Hard drive, Cabling, Virus infection, Improperly seated cards, BIOS, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack.

Without the dump files we (I!!) are really at a loss. Can you check that the minidumps are enabled?

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a .dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Also, the collection of some data may help to start sorting your problem out so:

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

Thanks for the reply!

Minidump is enabled, I have allowed it to bluescreen twice and nothing is added in the minidump folder. The second time I left the bluescreen up for 15 minutes or so to ensure I left enough time for it to do it's thing and it still writes nothing :S

Kinda at a loss why I have no .dmp files :S

I think it may be pagefile related that's causing the lack of dump files being created. If you've moved the pagefile off C:\ or don't have a page file, I'd set it up to create one on C:\ while you are having problems. If it is still on C:\ ......scratches head.....

I have re-formatted my drive and it's a little better but the BSOD still happens on wakeup.

Now it's actually creating minidumps, which I have attached :)

Last edited:
STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes:
Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility.

Your dump file lists ntkrpamp.exe as the probable cause.
This is a Windows System file and for it to be the cause of your crash is highly unlikely.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.
Random stop codes can often indicate hardware issues.

As a Priority:

ASACPI.sys Fri Aug 13 03:52:52 2004 This driver is notorious for causing BSOD's. You have two options:
  • You can disable the ATK0110 ACPI Utility in the DeviceManager (under System Devices) with no apparent issues. OR (and if disabling does cause issues)
  • There is an update here: Asus ATK0110 driver. Look under the sub-heading: Utilities. 12th one down.

Driver Install - Manual method

1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device. In this case System Devices >> ATK0110 ACPI Utility
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
  11. After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the Asacpi.sys driver, right click it and check the dates under its properties. You're looking for a "Modified" date of 2009 or 2010. Occasionally it can be a bit stubborn to change.

Drivers with Updates:

nusb3hub.sys Fri Dec 10 04:50:10 2010
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Dec 10 04:50:11 2010
Go to your Motherboard Mfr. Support website (or Link Removed - Invalid URL Oct. 2011) and update your USB 3.0 drivers. A June 2011 set are available Here.

Rt86win7.sys Fri Jun 10 07:31:55 2011 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller v7.050 If you're unsure about manually installing drivers then choose the Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID:1483XXX) option to download.

Let us know how it goes. If you get further problems with blue screens, attach your new dump files and details and we'll move on from there.

HTH.

Elmer, you rock!! I will check all of these out and give it a whirl and see what happens!! :)

I have made those changes then rebooted and then I slept the computer.

I woke it up and used it for like 30 minutes and whilst installing tweetdeck it locked, no bluescreen just froze. I checked the event viewer and it showed a 41 kernel power error. I checked my minidump and nothing was logged.

I can't decide whether it was a variation of my ongoing issue or it was a software inducted ballsup.

I will try sleeping again tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it :)

This may or may not have a bearing. Check your hard disk is set to Turn off Hard Disk Never. Find this under Power Options through Control Panel.

Update: I updated all the drivers recomended, changed the power settings for the HDs and installed all the latest Windows updates.

It threw another BSOD after waking from sleep :( Again it didn't make a minidump file.

Event viewer:

HTML:
  System     

- Provider     

[  Name]  Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power    

[  Guid]  {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}    

EventID 41    

Version 2    

Level 1    

Task 63    

Opcode 0    

Keywords 0x8000000000000002    

- TimeCreated     

[  SystemTime]  2012-03-21T13:01:54.669619600Z    

EventRecordID 2796    

Correlation    

- Execution     

[  ProcessID]  4    

[  ThreadID]  8    

Channel System    

Computer Paul-PC    

- Security     

[  UserID]  S-1-5-18    - EventData     

BugcheckCode 0    

BugcheckParameter1 0x0    

BugcheckParameter2 0x0    

BugcheckParameter3 0x0    

BugcheckParameter4 0x0    

SleepInProgress false    

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

I'll get someone who knows more about the error codes than I do. Bear with me!!

I have been watching the thread and just have a couple of questions..

Are you overclocking, and have you tried setting it back to normal?

How may GTX 460 boards do you actually have, since the image you provided seems to show 4.

Are you running the RAID off the Marvel Controller and not the Intel one? Did you load those drivers?

What model of Power Supply do you have?

You appear to be running 3 monitors..I seem to recall some bug related to that, but it might have been fixed by now.

Are all your Hard Drives normal or do you have any Green ones?

When you system comes out of sleep, do you have any network problems?

I'll get someone who knows more about the error codes than I do. Bear with me!!

Thanks for the assist, really appreciate it :)

Are you overclocking, and have you tried setting it back to normal?
Only in the BIOS, just tweaked voltages and such, processor only. Haven't tried setup defaults yet..

How may GTX 460 boards do you actually have, since the image you provided seems to show 4.
I have two, not sure why it shows 4 :S

Are you running the RAID off the Marvel Controller and not the Intel one? Did you load those drivers?
RAID is running from Marvel the 6G controller.

What model of Power Supply do you have?
Antec Truepower Quattro 1200W

You appear to be running 3 monitors..I seem to recall some bug related to that, but it might have been fixed by now.
Yeah I have 2 x 22" Xerox monitors and a 24" LG.

Are all your Hard Drives normal or do you have any Green ones?
Normal, 2 x 750gb WD Black Caviar 64mb cache and an IDE WD Black Caviar (1TB 32mb cache I think)

When you system comes out of sleep, do you have any network problems?
Yeah it has to reconnect to the internet after sleep.

Thanks for the help mate :)

If you are really running a 1 TB PATA drive on a system without those connectors, my first guess will be that setup. Using a SATA to PATA adapter may be having power management problems.

Your overclocking would normally cause problems while the system is running. But if some data is being corrupted, perhaps the data written just before a sleep cycle is being corrupted also.

If you are showing more Video adapters than you have, perhaps there are duplicate drivers running. I do not run a multi-display or SLI system, so some indications may be normal for yours. I do understand SLI systems can cause their own set of problems without the correct setup.

And I assume the sound entries are because of the 3 monitors. Are you running DVI connections to them all? Changing configurations would be an option, if you continue to have problems.

Most network adapters loose connectivity during sleep. If you have not tried unchecking the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" you might see if it helps. On my system, the adapter completely locked up and ended up causing a Blue Screen.

And obviously, your power supply is way too small.... :D (just kidding)

If you are really running a 1 TB PATA drive on a system without those connectors, my first guess will be that setup. Using a SATA to PATA adapter may be having power management problems.
I think the drives are ok as even if I remove the other disk and just use the raid pair it still BSODs.

Your overclocking would normally cause problems while the system is running. But if some data is being corrupted, perhaps the data written just before a sleep cycle is being corrupted also.
I'm toying with the idea of knocking it down and see what happens.

If you are showing more Video adapters than you have, perhaps there are duplicate drivers running. I do not run a multi-display or SLI system, so some indications may be normal for yours. I do understand SLI systems can cause their own set of problems without the correct setup.

And I assume the sound entries are because of the 3 monitors. Are you running DVI connections to them all? Changing configurations would be an option, if you continue to have problems.

I'm not sure, I can't recall if my old system showed multiple video adapters. The all have DVI leads into the cards, but the BSOD happens with a single display in normal and in SLI.

Most network adapters loose connectivity during sleep. If you have not tried unchecking the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" you might see if it helps. On my system, the adapter completely locked up and ended up causing a Blue Screen.
This might be a good idea to try out!

And obviously, your power supply is way too small.... :D (just kidding)
Yeah the store was out of 2500w ones so I had to make do haha! ;)

Thanks for taking time out to help :)

Back
Top Bottom