Windows 7 BSOD on wake up from sleep, Win7 64

Ament

Hello,

It's my first time posting! I've been browsing this forum and many sites on google trying to find the solution to my problem, but I can't really understand what is going on, even when taking a look at the dump file.

I ran memtest, did all the usual things, but no sign of source of error to pin point.

The problem:
Every single time I put my laptop to sleep and keep it like that for longer amount of time (I think it's about 20 minutes) I can't get my laptop back from sleep in a normal fashion. What I mean is, that the screen never turns back off, stays completely black, my external monitor doesn't turn on either, just goes to idle mode. After reboot I get a message that there was a blue screen error and I can try to look for solution online.

I read that my SSD HDD might be the cause of it, but after updating the firmware the problem persisted and after looking at my memory dumps, I found out that DirectX kernel is causing the problems, but updating it didn't yield any results, the problem persists, so perhaps I am missing something in the dumps that aren't that obvious to spot.

My RAM aren't stock that came with computer, both chips 4GB each are aftermarket ones, but I have no issues with anything when using the computer except when it is waking up and MEMTEST didn't throw me any errors after an overnight pass.

Please help me out... the only thing I can think of is to re-install windows and that is really painful since I need to go get all of the corporate software installations and setup my developing environment all over again...

I attached my dump files, but all of them seem to be the same, so I suggest taking a look at the latest one.

Attachments

• memdumps.zip
    104.5 KB · Views: 161
I will suggest a couple of things. The only driver I see that might be out of date is:

dne64x.sys Mon Nov 10 19:01:24 2008

This appears to be related to a VPN service, but maybe you know. If you can find a newer driver, it might be worth a try.

You can run a DirectX diagnostic by typing dxdiag in the Start Menu Search box and hit enter. Make note there is a button to check the x64 version.

Since this seems to be related to a power situation, perhaps running the powercfg -energy command might give you some guidance as to what could be causing a problem. Shut down all non-essential programs and let the utility run, takes about a minute. When it is finished, note where the HTML file is and copy it to the desktop to open. There should be some errors or warnings, but you will normally see USB references so don't worry about them.

You also might check the Event Viewer to see if any errors are showing up consistently on your system.

Back