GPU: Gtx 960
CPU: fx 8320 @3.5
MoBo:GB-78LMT-USB3
RAM: 4x4gb Ripjaw
HDD: Seagate 7900rpm(I think)
SDD: Intel 250gb
PSU: 475w
I also have multiple fans and temps are good

I've been getting the BSODs when playing games and they are getting spookin me.
I have dont the following tests:
Memtest (8 passes 0 errors)
Furmark (1080p benchmark and its included CPU Burner) (I must add that this test did BSOD me until I re seated both my ram and gpu but I pass both tests now perfectly fine)
Seagate HDD/SDD Test (passed)

The prime problem is this ntoskrnle.exe x124 bsod, I fixed the dump_ataport.sys x124 bsod(I believe)

Attachments

• W7F_12-04-2015.zip
    734.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • RAMMon - SPD Info.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 217
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800db568f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
all your dump files are Bugcheck 124. Bugcheck 124 literally means hardware error and is almost always caused by heat although it can have other causes. It's interesting you mention that your system used to bsod during certain tests. It might be the case that it will now pass the tests but gaming often puts more demand on a system than a test ever could.
I also run a 8 core FX CPU and I used to think my temps were fine until I monitored them during gaming. I was shocked! My CPU temps were far higher than with any test so it's always worth a check.
Your GPU needs a 400W PSU and I see you have a 475W. Could you post the actual make and model as this can have an affect too.

Looking through your drivers I also noticed this:
xusb21 Xbox 360 Wireless 8/13/2009: This the old Xbox 2009 wireless driver and is well known for bsod's in windows 7. Update below:
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/controller-pc-compatibility

Post any new dump files.

I am currently playing bf4 Hwinfo is saying
cpu
48c
gpu
65c

I also recently installed those xbox drivers after these bsods were happening.I will install the new xbox drivers. I also did the Intel Burntest and passed all of them with passable temps.

Another thing to try is remove two sticks of RAM just to make sure it isn't down to a weak memory controller.

There are things you can try but first do the test and see how you go.

I left BF4 on over night to test stability of my system. The system did not crash. Even though things are looking good I can't be sure if it is completely fixed because I don't know the BSOD correlates with time played because, with the 5 or so bsods I got last week some happened an hour in some longer, even some with 2-3 day intervals in between each crash. I will continue testing and if no BSODs happen within a week I will test out 12gigs of ram and see what happens.

Ok.. Just to check that the bsod stopping isn't because you've removed a RAM stick which is faulty try this. Make sure you know which stick is which by numbering them or similar. Try rotating the sticks in one or both slots and see if the bsod returns.
If it eventually does prove to be down to all the slots being filled I seem to remember that you can apply more voltage to the memory controller to get some stability. Another thing you could try is running the RAM at 1333MHz but anyhoo see what your results bring and good luck! If you need anything just ask.

I have found I minor issue, When I boot my pc the monitor stays black and states that it is in power saving mode and it takes a restart or two to get it booting properly. I am sure this is a bios setting that is wrong but do you have any idea?

Hmm.. it could be down to the cables or the card itself. Try unplugging and then re-attaching the cables. Please post about the make and model of your PSU.

got a bsod about a week after removing 2 sticks of ram. It is caused by a dump_ataport.sys, I feel like this could be due to ram. I might just by a whole new set of ram :p. Or maybe this is a jsut a one time thing again.

I got 2 crashes in the past 2 days which seemed like it was the typical blue screen that i was getting (havnt got one in a month). When I rebooted i got no dump file and windows didn't say it blue screened like it usually did. Any ideas? I replaced the ram with 2 other sticks but I do not know if I will be able to diagnose the problem without the dump.

You could always check the event viewer and see what's recorded. Also try running a system file checker as it will repair any corrupted files or attempt to do so.
Find command prompt, right click on it, properties, run as administrator and then type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Back
Top Bottom