Windows 7 BSOD Problem dmp attached

kander7

I have a computer that I built solely for security cameras. I am getting BSOD's every four days or so. I have a feeling that my DVR has a driver that is corrupt or is not compatible with something in my system. If someone could look through the minidump and let me know what you see I would greatly appreciate it. I am really trying to learn this stuff on so any description of the problem would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks.View attachment 080410-21309-01.zip

If this is true as I see it, it would be the first ever crash I've seen involving MSE. That simply never happens at all ever, so there may be something wrong with your hard drive or ram. Particularly ram.

Post another crash if you can since for some reason, this crash dump can not be read fully with respect to drivers. I'd like to see everything going on if possible.

I would run a system file integrity check. To do so, open an elevated command prompt. Copy/paste this to it and hit enter:

sfc /scannow

If it doesn't find any violations, then I'd uninstall MSE to see how it goes. Although like I said, I highly doubt this is the reason alone...some hardware may have actually been the cause.

If you have any 3rd party security software such as a firewall or other a/v app installed, these would be more likely to blame.

Is that what the mpfilter is? MSE?

I will post another minidump as soon as it crashes again.

Honestly, that isn't such a great idea because AVG causes more bsod than all software I've ever seen.

I would boot to safe mode to use this tool to remove that:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Then boot to normal mode and install MSE again.

--------

I can see all of your drivers now.

Please update this Realtek networking driver:

Code:
Rt86win7 Rt86win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:22 2009
To do so, open device manager. Double click on the network adapters section. See which exact Realtek lan type you have. Then search for it on the left side of this link. For example: 8139

Realtek

----------

Update the video card driver for sure:

Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Mon Aug 17 23:03:58 2009
Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

---------

Definitely uninstall LogMeIn or RemotelyAnywhere as the drivers it uses are simply way too old for Windows 7:
Code:
lmimirr  lmimirr.sys  Tue Apr 10 18:32:11 2007
LMIRfsDriver LMIRfsDriver.sys Mon Jul 14 12:26:22 2008
RaInfo   RaInfo.sys   Fri Jan 04 13:57:12 2008
--------

Finally, update the software/drivers from Geovision for your particular hardware.

Code:
GVECP    GVECP.sys    Tue Jan 13 10:03:26 2009
The driver is from before Windows 7 RTM and very well may be causing issues because of that.

GeoVision - Leading brand of Digital Surveillance System

Last edited:
I just found this too.

Note: GV-1480 is currently not compatible with VIA series and ATI series chipset motherboards, and 64-bit Windows operating system.

I am new to this so forgive this stupid question. Are AMD and ATI chipsets the same?

Unfortunately, I think that message applies to your exact situation. The video capture card isn't compatible with your motherboard.

Anyhow, I would still update those drivers. Here's the Realtek network driver for your motherboard:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

To use that card, it would need a motherboard with an Intel or NVIDIA chipset.

Yeah, although I wish there was a better solution...but neither of us could do anything about that.

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom