Windows 10 BSOD Steam Games Problems

Yeah thats not right unfortunately...

Ok, download the correct file from here:
MemTest86 - Download now!

Look for this download link:
mem.JPG

Once you do that follow the guide here (obviously use the section for usb drives which comes after CD/DVD:
How to Test PC RAM with MemTest86

when you get to this point in the guide:

Click Next and then Finish. After you have done this, restart your computer. Make sure to leave the USB plugged into your computer. MemTest86 will automatically run once your computer is restarted if the USB option is the first boot priority.

The above means you must make sure that USB is first in the boot order in the bios. This guide will help:
How to Boot Your Computer From a Disc or USB Drive

Remember that the longer you run memtest the better but overnight at least.

I installed memtest without any problems following the guides you linked me but I got a stuck when selecting the USB from the boot menu. I did it but the memtest didn't start automatically. When I went to the USB folder in documents I found this which wasn't what was matching the pictures from wiki how. Do you know where I went wrong.BSOD memtest no 3.png

Ok, just try the windows memory test for now. It can miss errors but let's just get the ram tested and go from there.

Try this:

• Click Start, type mdsched.exe in the Search box, and then press Enter.
    [*]Choose whether to restart the computer and run the tool immediately or schedule the tool to run at the next restart.
    [*]Windows Memory Diagnostics runs automatically after the computer restarts and performs a standard memory test automatically. If you want to perform fewer or more tests, press F1, use the Up and Down arrow keys to set the Test Mix as Basic, Standard, or Extended, and then press F10 to apply the desired settings and resume testing.
    [*]When testing is completed, the computer restarts automatically. You’ll see the test results when you log on.

Well I used windows memory and put in 10 passes which took around 50 mins on standard. After pass 6 it came up with this which I took from my IPad which I presume is to do with my RAM

Edit: I don’t know why only part of the image shows up

Attachments

• 979AAA5A-5D9F-46F8-BBBB-2CCE0C94FCC3.jpeg
    979AAA5A-5D9F-46F8-BBBB-2CCE0C94FCC3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 350
Hi Gypsy,
sorry for not getting back to you sooner but yes I would say your in need of some new RAM. One way you can test for sure is to test each stick individually and you'll probably find it's the one stick which has gone bad.

Ultimately a memtest86 would have been more desirable but at least we now know it's a hardware issue and probably the ram.

Looking at my PC it has 8.00 GB of RAM using 2 sticks of XMS3. Do I have to manually take them out or can I just turn one off from my PC

You cannot turn them off and to replace any stick, the old one needs removing first. You'll find on the support site for your motherboard a memory support list for compatible ram although XMS3 should be fine replacement if you can still get it.

How to install new memory in your PC

Thanks, I think I may be able to find some xms3 RAM at the shop I got my computer from and seeing as I am going away shortly I may just leave the computer there and when I come back I hope the computer should be fixed with the new RAM as they know a lot more about this than I do

Good idea, let them fix it.

Let us know how you ultimately get on.

Quick question before I send the PC in. If I have 8 GB of RAM and are using 4.4 when removing one of the sticks to try it out would it affect the PC or do you recommend putting in extra RAM and then removing the two existing ones to test them?

If I have 8 GB of RAM and are using 4.4 when removing one of the sticks to try it out would it affect the PC

You may find that your windows don't snap open so quickly but of course your simply testing and this wouldn't be a permanent thing.

Adding further RAM would just confuse the issue unless you totally remove the original sticks and pop in the new ones. It's never a good idea to mix ram anyway.

I guess that one way of doing it was to replace both of the sticks of RAM all together as I have had them for 4 years now. Would that fix the problem?

I guess that one way of doing it was to replace both of the sticks of RAM all together as I have had them for 4 years now. Would that fix the problem?
Well what we have seen so far would indicate that that new ram probably would be the fix.

Just to make sure the ram isn't set up incorrectly nip into the bios and click on optimised defaults.

Hello kemical if you are still there.

I decided that before changing the RAM i would go to my local computer shop to see if they could figure out the problem, they did and it worked fine for about 5 months but I should have asked what the solution was to the problem so if it happened again I could fix it but I didn't ask them. I still have the same RAM by the looks of things so I don't think it was due to that. I also asked for a general clean up but I don't think that was related. I also don't think it was driver related but I don't know for sure either. I'm basically asking if you think it was the same problem seeing as it is the same diagnostics from last time. Tell me if you need me to upload any dumps.

Thanks advance.

This should be them. Having done a little more testing it seems that it also Blue Screens occasionally without having to open up a game etc, I may just end up to the shop on the weekend to see what the problem was last time.

Attachments

• W7F_06-12-2018.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 351
Hi Gypsy,

I took a look but no dump file or anything else for that matter was inside your zip.

Did you forget to include them or?

I think I didn't let it finish.
It seems that TS2019 is coping a lot better than War Thunder in terms of BSOD frequency. I've also uninstalled Uplay but I doubt that makes a difference. Should I try uninstalling War Thunder then re-installing it?

Attachments

• W7F_06-12-2018 (but better than the last one).zip
    3 MB · Views: 237
Hi,
a number of dump files blamed invalid system memory with the last one being a bugcheck 50.

Bugcheck 50 can be caused by hardware (ram), drivers and security applications.

I noticed your running MCAFEE AV?

If so try removing and just use Defender to see if this stops the blue screen.

I also saw a dump file relating to Store corruption and running these scans may help:

File scans
Right click on command prompt and choose 'run as admin'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Should I try uninstalling War Thunder then re-installing it?
Sorry I missed this earlier.

I don't know anything about the game to be honest so you'd know better than I. If you feel the game has become a little buggy then by all means re-install the game.

Back