Windows 7 BSOD three times today

Curtis

Today I was Skyping with my girlfriend when she encountered the BSOD. She told me she had the problem before, and it ended up happening two more times that day. I'm not sure if Skype is the cause since she had the problem twice last month, but doesn't remember what caused it.

She has a Diginnos laptop (it's Japanese) running Windows 64 bit. I had her send me the dump files, and I attached them here. I'd appreciate any help I can get, thanks.

Attachments

• 050314-20326-01.zip
    133.4 KB · Views: 187
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffffaaf844322c8, 2, 0, fffff88001873efc}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtwlane.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtwlane.sys
Probably caused by : vwififlt.sys ( vwififlt!FilterSendNetBufferListsComplete+151 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
nearly all your dump files were different which sometimes can point to a hardware issue and indeed one of the dump files did point to memory corruption. Just to add it's entirely possible that a driver or corrupt process is at the cause.

I tried without success to find the manufacturers driver page. Laptop drivers are almost always released by the manufacturer and due to my lack of Japanese language skills I couldn't find anything related.
The above dump file mentions:

rtwlane.sys Thu May 02 04:40:58 2013: Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN NIC NDIS Driver
and
vwififlt.sys Tue Jul 14 01:07:22 2009: Windows Virtual WiFi Filter Driver.

Try and find the machines support page maybe your girlfriend will have better luck than I. If it is found see if any updates are available driver wise and bios too. She needs to pay particular attention to the networking, USB drivers but really update what she can.
To make sure windows isn't corrupt your gf needs to open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

If after updating the drivers and running the above scan bsod's continue then she needs to test her RAM. Download and run this app for at least 3 passes:
http://www.memtest.org/

Back