Windows 10 BSOD WHEN GAMING

FrancisRT

Somebody please help me :< So recently, my laptop started to get BSOD whenever I'm playing league of legends for about 15-20 minutes and it says that the stop code is "Unexpected Store Exception" and I have no idea why and how it started to get like that. I have a Dell G5 5590 that has i5-8300H, Nvidia Geforce 1050Ti and 8gb ram. My friends advised that I change the game specs to low, still nothing happened. For some reason, I can't find the minidump folder in C:/windows. I hope somebody could help me :<

Hello! Thank you for responding. I did everything that was instructed but the Diagnostic Tool says that there's no dump files found, right after I got a BSOD.

Attachments

• W7F_23-09-2020.rar
    661.3 KB · Views: 310
Hello! Thank you for responding. I did everything that was instructed but the Diagnostic Tool says that there's no dump files found, right after I got a BSOD.
I have seen the other post regarding with the use of powershell to collect info for BSOD and here is my system report.

Attachments

• SYSTEMREPORT.zip
    82.6 KB · Views: 298
Hi,
I checked both zip files and no dump file was included.

Check your configured to produce them:
If the tool comes back with no dump file found please check your settings are set like this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Hello, thank you very much for responding.

Yes I did all of that but I was not still getting any crash dump files when I get BSOD while playing League of Legends. I tried the Crash Dump Test of WhoCrashed and it successfully created a crash dump file, but when it comes to the real thing, nothing happens.

This could be down to a couple of reasons:

Have you removed your 'Pagefile'? No pagefile means no dump file so it has to be enabled. Chances are, you haven't touched it...

Are you absolutely certain it's a bsod? Open the Windows folder and look for a folder marked 'minidump', check inside there. Post anything you find.

What are your network drivers like? Update them if need be.

Also it seems quite a few folk get issues with this game. I'd check with the online forums: League Of Legends Forums - The Best You May Find

Hi, here is the folder that you are looking for but as I have mentioned, they are just the crash dump files created when I performed a Crash Dump Test using WhoCrashed. The other one is the system logs in my event viewer.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 303
  • System Journal.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 281
I have experienced another BSOD just right now when playing Identity V so I think the game is not the problem.

Also, I have updated every single driver.

Hello, thank you very much for your consistency in responding.

Wait, no, sorry I thought intel drivers and dell drivers are the same. I will let you know once I have updated my dell drivers.

On the other hand, I went to the shop where my laptop was bought and the representative there told me that there seemed to be no problem with my laptop. He advised me to completely reset my laptop to see if the problem is in the hard drive. Do you think it will work? If so, what SSD or HDD would you suggest to buy as a replacement?

Last edited:
Hi,

I was wondering about your drive as sometimes no dump file creation can mean drive issues. That doesn't mean to say there's automatically something wrong but just worth checking.
A reset may help but first try checking the drive using seatools for windows:
SeaTools | Seagate Support US

Which anti virus app do you use?

Hello,

I have updated 17 drivers: all of which I've thought were already updated. Nonetheless, the problem still persists when I am gaming but now the stop code changed from "Unexpected Store Exception" to "Kernel Data Inpage Error". The time interval has also decreased, crashing the laptop from 10 minutes of gaming to 8.

As for the anti virus app, I have previously used McAfee but ever since I have read that these type of anti virus apps usually cause blue screen, I have uninstalled it. To be clear, the problem have already occurred even before I have uninstalled McAfee. Any thoughts?

Hi,
can you post the actual dump files please. The more we see the easier it can be to diagnose the issue.

Have you checked your temps whilst gaming?

Hello,

As much as I want to, my laptop is not creating any crash dump files and I really don't know why, it is so frustrating. I have followed everything that you have said but perhaps you know any other way so that my laptop would finally create one after having a BSOD?

Did you run Seatools?

Try running the above app as it will tell you if your SSD is in good working order. (one reason for no dump file can be a problem drive)

Yes, I did.

My drivers passed every test in Seatools and now I am starting to get crazy as I do not know how and what I am going to fix if it does not show any problem, aside from the fact that it keeps on crashing and displaying BSOD.

Did you check on temps?

Is there any error message when it displays the bsod?

I advise you to contact the service, but first, try to reinstall the system. Perhaps your laptop is very clogged and needs cleaning. If reinstalling does not help you, as I have already advised, contact the service. I recently purchased a laptop here https://thecursedcrusade.com/best-gaming-laptop-under-500/ and I was given a 3-year warranty, which is not a little. To be honest, I took it for games mostly, so it cost me 640$. I do not regret and am happy with my purchase, now I pass the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt :)

Last edited:
Back