Windows 7 BSOD when starting Windows. Help please!!!

xavi345

Hi friends,

Since 2 or 3 weeks ago, I have faced a strange problem with my Desktop PC. I have Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 with 4 GB RAM.

Each time I start my computer, I have to wait longer than usual.

Moreover, I am not successful in my first attempt to start the computer: It just restarts after a few seconds after displaying the 'windows is starting' screen. After restarting, it displays 2 options: 'Launch startup repair' or 'Start Windows normally'. If I choose 'Launch startup repair' it does nothing. If I choose 'Start Windows normally', I can log on to Windows. After that, I got a 'Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown' and here is the file that describes my problem (please see the attached file for more information):

Code:
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown  Problem signature:   Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen   OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1   Locale ID:    1033  Additional information about the problem:   BCCode:    74   BCP1:    00000002   BCP2:    8D8F5AA8   BCP3:    00000002   BCP4:    C000014D   OS Version:    6_1_7601   Service Pack:    1_0   Product:    256_1

Please help me to identify and solve the problem.

Thank you very much.

xavi345

Attachments

• WER-172677-0.sysdata.rar
    11.5 KB · Views: 216
Code:
BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO (74)
Can indicate that the SYSTEM hive loaded by the osloader/NTLDR
was corrupt.  This is unlikely, since the osloader will check
a hive to make sure it isn't corrupt after loading it.
It can also indicate that some critical registry keys and values
are not present.  (i.e. somebody used regedt32 to delete something
that they shouldn't have)  [U][B]Booting from LastKnownGood may fix
the problem[/B][/U], but if someone is persistent enough in mucking with
the registry they will need to reinstall or use the Emergency Repair Disk.
Arg4: c000014d, usually the NT status code  ([SIZE=1]"C000014D" [U][B]STATUS_REGISTRY_IO_FAILED[/B][/U][/SIZE])
Backup critical data by any means possible.
You can of course try "Last Known Good" option from the advanced boot menu (F8) if you are having trouble booting your machine, and see if that helps.
Looks like it may be a hard disk issue so use the native Check Disk utility to see if it produces anything useful.
Open an elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter
answer in the affirmative "Y" when prompted
and reboot
let it finish all five stages and check the results in event viewer when complete.
Regards
Randy
EDIT: I would also recommend checking with your system board manufacturer to determine if there is a BIOS update available that might help improve system stability.

Last edited:
Code:
BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO (74)
Can indicate that the SYSTEM hive loaded by the osloader/NTLDR
was corrupt.  This is unlikely, since the osloader will check
a hive to make sure it isn't corrupt after loading it.
It can also indicate that some critical registry keys and values
are not present.  (i.e. somebody used regedt32 to delete something
that they shouldn't have)  [U][B]Booting from LastKnownGood may fix
the problem[/B][/U], but if someone is persistent enough in mucking with
the registry they will need to reinstall or use the Emergency Repair Disk.
Arg4: c000014d, usually the NT status code  ([SIZE=1]"C000014D" [U][B]STATUS_REGISTRY_IO_FAILED[/B][/U][/SIZE])
Backup critical data by any means possible.
You can of course try "Last Known Good" option from the advanced boot menu (F8) if you are having trouble booting your machine, and see if that helps.
Looks like it may be a hard disk issue so use the native Check Disk utility to see if it produces anything useful.
Open an elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter
answer in the affirmative "Y" when prompted
and reboot
let it finish all five stages and check the results in event viewer when complete.
Regards
Randy
EDIT: I would also recommend checking with your system board manufacturer to determine if there is a BIOS update available that might help improve system stability.

Hi Trouble,

I attached here my Check Disk Result. Please take a look at it and give me some advices.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Check Disk Result.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 498
Thanks for the info.
Are you still having issues with the computer?
Are Blue Screens continuing?
The Native Check Disk Utility obviously found and marked 34 bad cluster on the disk, while experiencing multiple read failures. This could be indicative of a faulty or failing disk and if it was mine I would certainly be making plans for backing up my critical data and replacing the disk.
IF the disk is relatively new you may have recourse through the manufacturer so you may want to check there site, determine if the drive is still under warranty and follow their procedure for RMA. But definitely back up your files.

Thank you, Trouble.

Perhaps I will have to back up my data and then replace my HDD.

Best regards,

Xavi345

Back
Top Bottom