Windows 8 BSOD when using Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54L Wireless Adaptor

Ikram232

Everyone in the house has a laptop each (except for parents) but I wanted a computer in my attic bedroom. I have an Acer Aspire T180 and it runs XP (normally run Vista). My router is all the way in the dining room so I cannot use wired connection. I have this Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54L wireless adaptor. It works on XP with the drivers and Client Manager 3 for 2000/XP but when I install it on Vista, I have to install the drivers and Client Manager 4 for Vista. It connects and works until I actually go on the internet, it just blue screen after loading something and restarts, so I installed Windows 8 since I really wanted that, and installed all drivers and still the same problem. XP does not have this stupid problem. I wanted 8 on that machine because it can run it and its SUPER FAST. Much faster than XP. How can I fix this? Need help, ASAP!

Hi,
to best help you we really need to see the actual dump files created when the system has a bsod. Make sure your settings are set like this:
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

You'll find the dump files in the Minidump folder found in the windows folder. Once you think you have some please read the thread found here and post the results:
http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.178480/

While your waiting for dump files why not try the driver in compatibility mode?

Hi,
to best help you we really need to see the actual dump files created when the system has a bsod. Make sure your settings are set like this:

You'll find the dump files in the Minidump folder found in the windows folder. Once you think you have some please read the thread found here and post the results:

OK, well I just re-installed Windows 8 to see if it'll work or not. I'll get back to you with the results!

Hi,

Oddly enough, it the Wireless Adaptor works with Windows 8, I thought only Windows 7 would do that but it can't. My stupid other problem is before Windows starts, it displays this:

CMOS checksum error - Default loaded
Warning! Now system in safe mode
Please re-setting CPU frequency in CMOS setup

I think this has something to do with the motherboard and the battery CMOS thingy, I dunno! That causes Windows to think it was yesterday and it therfore causes the browsers have an SSL problem. What should I do and should I buy a battery thing or what?

Did you remove the bios battery or is it drained of power? If that is the case then you will need to get it replaced as none of the settings can be stored and will have to be reset each time you boot up.

Back
Top Bottom