Windows 10 BSOD - win10pro64 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

GeeseSherman

Hey guys! Im new to the forum. Seen a lot of great help on here and wondering if you guys may be able to assist me. Dell recently replaced my old system with a new one because of a motherboard warranty problem. The new computer was operating just fine up until recently when I started getting a BSOD and random restarts. This BSOD now comes up about every hour or so, sometimes sooner.

The error message that I am getting is: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000004477, 0x00000000deadbf07, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cc343464-d4ea-4169-ba11-64ec476f6851

I've updated the BIOs, reseatted the memory, updated display drivers, updated the chipset drivers using Dells website.

Attached are the memory dumps.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should look at or something I should do.

Attachments

• w7diagnostics.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 703
Im attaching the windows update history. This may play a small part in this-

Attachments

• windowsupdate.PNG
    windowsupdate.PNG
    41.4 KB · Views: 345
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80073aa5b22, ffffd000224ed108, ffffd000224ec920}

Probably caused by : bcmwl63a.sys ( bcmwl63a+155b22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Geese,
sorry about the wait I lost my internet for around 15 minutes but anyway here now. You have two different bugchecks in the dumps that you sent, Bugcheck 1A (severe memory management issue, sometimes is faulty RAM) and the above Bugcheck 7E (driver and hardware issues).

Every dump file had the same probable cause of bcmwl63a.sys:
bcmwl63a.sys Mon Nov 23 22:56:21 2015: Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver.

I checked your support page and you need the second download under the Network section (I think):
Product Support | Dell US

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

I did everything you requested in the previous message and uploaded new mini dumps attached to this.

This is a brand new computer that has only the basic programs installed. There are no viruses or malware on this machine.

The newest driver for this is:

Broadcom 802.11ac Network adatper version 7.35.333.0 - this is the driver that Ive uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.

I have also done a complete fresh installation of an older driver. 6.30.223.256 (6/2/2013) - even when using this driver, I notice that the BSOD occurs same as before.

These BSOD's are happening when I open the application qBittorent. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I've also tried using other reputable torrent programs as well (lighweight installations.) I've seen other forum posts with people stating this problem, but dont see very many resolutions, or certainly none of that have worked.

Attachments

• Newest Minidumps.zip
    194.9 KB · Views: 240
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff801d5a45b22, ffffd00020fb0108, ffffd00020faf920}

Probably caused by : bcmwl63a.sys ( bcmwl63a+155b22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see, it's the same dump file and just so we can rule out the RAM as a possible cause please run Memtest86 as outlined above.

Great! Now at least we can rule out the RAM.
Broadcom 802.11ac Network adatper version 7.35.333.0 - this is the driver that Ive uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.
The driver you relate to here is the one shown at the top of the Network section on your support page. I also think you need to drivers below it too or at least two of them anyway.
Also when you install these drivers do you right click and run as admin? If not give it a try...
Product Support | Dell US

Ok guys! I did find a solution to this problem.

After researching this a little further and finding out people who had computers, particular the Dell XPS 8900, and other machines with the Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, customers noted that when running a torrent program (or certain other programs as well,) they experienced BSOD (blue screen of death) on both Windows 10 windows 8.1 and windows 7 machines.

I found an online repair company, SafePCFix.com to go through this issue with me completely and go over all of your guys' posts and help research the issue further.

The technician that I hired informed me that the Dell Drivers, while up to date on their website, do not address the issue where the software, using the wireless driver, improperly writes to the computers memory (or something like that.) It basically causes an error in the driver and throws the blue screen.

We confirmed no issue when plugged in LAN.

They went ahead and installed an older version of the driver Broadcom 802.11n 6.30.223.228 that was in 2014. They used a driver that they found, installed it, tested.

NO ISSUES.

In short, if you are receiving the error The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000004477, 0x00000000deadbf07, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cc343464-d4ea-4169-ba11-64ec476f6851

And its related to the driver: bcmwl63a.sys try installing an older version of that driver. Particularly Broadcom 802.11n 6.30.223.228

if you need help doing this, I GOT SO CLOSE TO FIGURING THIS OUT, just hire an online company that can help you do it. I spent three days on this, and even did a complete reinstallation of everything and STILL GOT BSOD. Sometimes its just easier and more cost effective to hire someone to fix it for you. Kinda wish I would have done that in the first place.

Thank you to everyone here who helped solve this. Even though we didnt quite get there, I do appreciate the help and it eventually let me to solve the problem with the help of safepcfix tech. thanks again

Your welcome and glad to hear you got it fixed. I'll remember that for next time I come across this driver again.

Back