Windows 7 Buiilding New Computer BSOD System service exception Help !!

I ran into a very similar problem wanting to max out my RAM. My mobo has limitations do to the cpu when using RAM at 1066 mhz populating all the slots. I was BSODing like crazy. I has to do with the RAM controller in direct relation to the CPU. I can use maximum RAM at that speed (1066mhz) for 8 gigs but in only two slots, not all 4 slots...looks like you have something similar my friend. You may want to contact Asus support staff for verification and a course of action.

Thank a bunch,
Well to tell the truth I didn't thought much when picking my RAM, it was something of a last minute decision. At first I was planning to transfer my old ram to my new main board, however they were DDR2 so I heard they didn't fit. At the moment I live in Finland, since I bought this RAM from verkkokauppa a Finnish retailer, I'm guessing I have to contact retailer for support. At best case scenario they will let me return the RAM and perhaps substitute for a new one.

However I need to clearly explain the problem plus I would like to understand more about this RAM conflict, could to please elaborate more on the subject?. I'm currently using 2 slot for those 2 stick since they came in package. I'm no RAM expert but I take it that you are saying my main board doesn't support this RAM or something to that degree.

Since we are on the subject of replacing it could you also take a look at the List of DDR3 RAM from that Finnish vendor and suggest one for replacement?

Bump!!

Does anybody know if faulty RAM can cause window to suddenly restart when it is starting up? I was a bit busy during the week so I wasn't able to diagnosis this problem further. Tomorrow I have a day off and also today I got another BSOD reminding me that I need to fix this critical problem ASAP.

This one said Memory Management is at fault so I'm guessing RAM is pretty close of a problem. However I still somewhat suspect that my PSU might not have enough power, because these crashes happen almost exclusively when I'm playing games which put the system on load.

At any rate I'm going to remove my GPU to see if it still cause random boot up restart or crashes. But when I'm going to the retailer to ask for a different RAM I will need to know which ones fit my main board and be able to explain why my current RAM is not working. Again I would like to ask can you elaborate on the subject about why my RAM is not supported by the mobo

Attachments

• 011912-16536-01.dmp
    296.6 KB · Views: 278
Yes...faulty, mismatched and the wrong kind (speed mhz, timings) of RAM can play havoc with a system.

To check if your PSU is adequate enough use this link. eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Then go to your mobo's website to reconfirm that your existing RAM it the right type. (in specs the mobo brand is not listed)

Is your GPU a single, double or triple slot card? Possibly you could have a bad GPU or GPU memory on the card. It's known to happen.

On Corsair website they do not even have my mobo in their compatibility list. Indeed as you said they are not compatible ( or at least on the list). I checked both Corsair website and Asus website and here are the results:

On Corsair Website My Ram code is
TW3X4G1333C9DHX and in the list of compatibility I cannot find my P8H67-V ( however I did find other P8H67 just not with V and apparently this RAM is supported by P8Z67-V)

On Asus website from the pdf there is also no match with the RAM, the closest supported RAM is
TW3X4G1333C9 G apparently my mobo doesn't support DHX?

From the eXtreme PSU calculator they recommend me 400W which should be more than enough with my current PSU
However I checked both ASUS and Corsair PSU calculator and they recommend me to have a 550W PSU, so I'm 50 W short according to those sites. I'm not quite sure what to believe.

My GPU is fit in a single PCI-E slot card but It require 2 PCI-E power connectors to work. I suppose that make it a single slot card

Last edited:
With those PSU calculators, they are just ball park figures or which gives you and idea where you should be. Not to be taken literally, so keep that in mind. If your vendor says the minimum is 550 watt, I would always go with the vendor recommendations. I look at it like this, it's better to have and overage on the PSU than a shortage. I would replace it with at least the minimum if not bigger. The price differences between 500 to 700 watt range is not that much. That should take care of your PSU issue.

Next and more importantly get the recommend type of RAM that your mobo suggest on the QVL. Doesn't matter what brand just as long as it's on the QVL. I can't stress that enough...it goes hand n hand with any warranty work.

As for the slots for the GPU. I was referring to the spaces it takes up at the back of the PC (PCI expansion slots). Mine takes two expansion slots, but it physically occupies one PCI-E slot. I'm guessing yours is the same w/two power connectors. Btw what flavor of that GPU do you have.

Like I said before, building a custom PC is not hard physically...that's the easy part. The hard part is doing all research ahead of the purchase so one doesn't run into such problems later down the road. It's a great learning curve no matter how it turns out. I'm betting if your replace your PSU and your RAM your BSOD's will stop.

Very true, At first I was quite intimidated by the whole prospect of venturing inside a computer, but I guess now I found out is the research that matter the most. I consulted quite a bit of forum before this purchase, however when I was actually buying the pieces I wasn't aware of the mobo and RAM compatibility concept. I just thought DDRX RAM go with DDRX mobo.

Today I ran my computer without a GPU, though I did tinker with the onboard card ( I made it share 512 more memory with RAM). I'm doing this to test if my power is insufficient or RAM is a problem. I got a BSOD crash not long after installing onboard GPU driver, after restart my BIOS screen look all jaggy and pixelated. I proceed to restore all settings in BIOS to default to stop the memory sharing and it seems the jaggy BIOS screen went away. I guess up to this point it confirm that my RAM is the issue here.

PSU might be also a problem but if it still crash without GPU I think it is safe to say that power is not the only problem. I hope I can trade my current PSU and RAM for a different ones since they are quite new. I also posted the newest and probably final crash dmp here for confirmation of my theory

Attachments

• 012112-21777-01.dmp
    312.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
What's the amperage rating on your GPU? On the 12v rail with 4pin or 6pin connectors the amperage is key of the PSU to your GPU. If your PSU is the builder series (again make and model specific) 500 watt psu with a 12v rail amperage of 34 amps that could be your problem. Under powered on the 12v rail side. I can't verify this with out the specific model of your GPU. Just doing a search comes up with 4 to 6 versions of that GeForce GTX 560.

My GPU use 2 6pin connectors. This is the model Asus GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP

and also in the article there is power consumption test. I'm guessing the GPU is not the problem, at the moment I'm running without GPU using Intel onboard graphic. I still occasionally get crashes from Desktop Window Manager and 2 times BSOD I posted above.

I checked RAM timing in BIOS and other RAM related timing, they are all on Auto and the values of RAM timing is 9-9-9-24 which seems to be consistent with my RAM spec.

Last edited:
Hi Jimmy, Just for Info.

STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual causes:
Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS.

Your latest dump file lists Memory_Corruption as the probable cause which usually indicates out of date Drivers, incorrectly configured Memory Timings, mismatched Memory or Bad Memory.

Drivers with Updates:

L1C62x64.sys Thu Jun 24 13:41:30 2010 Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 Driver. Atheros AR8131/AR8132/AR8151/AR8152 Driver.

GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 13:17:04 2009 Gear Software CD-ROM Class Filter Driver v4.019.1 (Oct 2011). Also loads with iTunes

Neither of which are known trouble makers, but better to have the latest versions available.

Bugcheck Analysis:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffa8c0059809b, 0, fffff80002e864cf, 5}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : [COLOR=#ff0000][B]memory_corruption[/B][/COLOR] ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+425 )

Followup: MachineOwner

I'm siding with Bassfisher on this one.

Last edited:
I went over to the vendor and swap my Corsair RAM with a Kingston Valueram 4GB (2x2GT) 1333Mhz DDR3 recommend for me by the service guy. He also told me that this ram work with most BIOS, even though this Kingston RAM is KVR1333D3N9K2/4G

On my compatibility list the closets match is KVR1333D3N9K2/4GX(XMP) and this one run at 7 timing, instead of 9 of the RAM KVR1333D3N9K2/4G recommended to me by the service guy.

I guess since I'm no expert I just took his work and trade my Corsair for it, good thing that their reverse logistic was quite good so I could easily get my replacement. I'm currently running the KVR1333D3N9K2/4 Kingston RAM, without a GPU to see if there is any crash/problem, if it crash I can more easily pinpoint the problem to RAM. I really hope this will fix my BSOD problems.

So far no crashes yet, but I guess you never know. I might come back crying with a new dmp files. But at any rate I wanted to thanks you guys for helping me so far, I really appreciate it

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping us updated Jimmy. I hope your issues will now be behind you.

Luckily you were in a position to exchange your ram. Personally, I'm never too keen on spending other folks money so will always try the free methods first.

Back