Windows 10 Build 10061 downloading now..

I've noticed that:
They have at least fixed the ability to statically assign IP settings (IPv4 properties) in this build.
Safe Mode is only slightly better. The start menu button still doesn't seem to work. The internet connectivity icon in the notification area says it's not connected but it is.
Still no ability to bypass the lock screen using Gpedit.msc.
A clean install from the ISO seems to fix the Win32 Desktop Apps not launching from the Start Menu. That is a major annoyance on my upgrade install. Can't even seem to arrange them anymore. Makes ClassicShell a tempting alternative.

Ok, I just did a clean install and doing updates now. I took a snippet of my registry and it Does not have the AU Folder.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with Microsoft. I did a clean install and it seemed to work for a while then my AU Folder has now reappeared. Back to square one. They told me not to worry about it because Build 10066 will be coming out in a few days.

They told me not to worry about it because Build 10066 will be coming out in a few days.
OK, now you are just making stuff up !! :)

It is nice to see Cortana speak, but a long way to go for it to really be functional.

I give up trying to fight it. They can say all they want about another build coming out in a few days, I will believe it when I see it. As for the AU Folder you can delete it but it comes right back when you do a check for updates.

Persistent bugs and new ones showing up each build make you wonder if anybody is in charge of this overall or just a disjointed bunch of releases. I gave up after build 1041 when I saw the troubles going on. Plus I don't want to mess with the upgrade make your own ISO mess. I don't know what the think they are accomplishing by not providing ISO all you have to do is look on torrent sites to find an ISO if you want to take a chance on it.
Joe

Well joe, as has been pointed out a few times, you can expect trial and tribulation in the fast ring. I am sure that those releases are not primarily for feedback, but to watch for user reaction to some of the MS experiments and changes.
So far, in the safe ring, and have not encountered any serious problems.
Hey Sonny. !066 in a few days? And that from MS? Slow or fast ring?. I must confess to surprise. They are way past that build in the overall development. That was from??:: Albuquerque, New Mexico?

That is what he said, but I think he did not want to deal with me on my windows update thing. I will believe it when I see it.

It seems they were getting flooded with calls about not being able to switch over to the slow mode and complaining about 10066 popping up with the error message. I don't think they knew what to do so said what they said hoping they would not have to deal with it right now.

Last edited:
I think you are correct Sonny. I have seen messages about getting the internal build offered for download.

My new clean install of 10061 just now started showing the TWS 10066 download option. Only time will tell, but I made the changes I suggested to you and then went into the Advanced options where the system updates the settings. After that, the registry, so far, is staying were I put it and the TWS option is not available.

A reboot may change things since it did in the real Leaked build. Just as long as it is straightened out before next week !!

As we know, builds through the fast ring are particularly buggy. The 066 notice is a bug. This is the official comment from MS:

"We are aware of this issue. The update is being offered in error, which is why you are getting an error when you try to download it.
Update! Microsoft has identified the problem and made a back-end change that should solve this.

If you are experiencing this, please attempt the following:

1. Close Settings and return to the desktop
  2. Reopen Settings, click Update & Recovery and select Advanced Options
  3. Verify your Fast or Slow setting is correct
  4. Return to Update & Recovery
  5. Click Check for updates
This should correct the error you have been receiving. "

Back
Top Bottom