Windows 7 Build 7140 details leaked?

Cam493

Normally, I don't believe one of those "My friend says..." stories, but a friend of mine has claimed to own a copy of Build 7140 of W7, which was given to him three days ago (Before the leak of 7127). I somehow trust him, because of the fact that he has been giving me updates + news about Windows since the Vista Betas. He told me that the changes in 7140 are almost entirely GUI-related, and here they are:

"I'll give you something like a screencap later, but here's what I noticed so far:
1. You can now add anything to the Taskbar.
2. Icons slightly expand when you hover over them on the taskbar.
3. The "System" menu is more simplistic, and easier to navigate.
4. You can change the login screen picture through the "Personalization" menu.
5. The menu/lists that pop up when you right click on things now have the Aero Glass effect.
6. The default icons for Folders have changed to be the transparent blue ones featured a long time ago.
8. The Minimize/Maximize/Exit buttons on the top-right of a window have changed icons, and are a bit smaller than the Vista/7 counterparts.
9. [BIG ONE]: There's an "Upload" feature for Pictures, files, and videos. If you right-click a file, and click "Upload", you can make it automatically upload to a website of your choice. After uploading, a pop-up will appear saying it's done, and clicking "OK" will cause the link/download link to the file to appear in the popup box. I tried ImageShack and Facebook, and they work.
10. Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese unicode(s) and settings are integrated, so one can run foreign apps or use foreign keyboards without changing languages & restarting.
11. The Orb on the taskbar changes color, based on the dominant R/G/B/Y color of your taskbar (or your wallpaper, if the taskbar is 100% transparent)

I'll see if I can get my friend to give me a screencap to see if he's for real. I'll periodically update this topic.

Last edited:
These sound like very believable changes to me.. ;) Nothing too drastic.. simple yet elegant changes.. :) Now to find out if they are indeed real or not.. ;)

Hmm...well, I know that a few people have 7130 already, but I haven't heard anything about 7140 up to this point. Be nice to see a screenie though. :D

7140 is out there.
Though not the latest build to surface.
According to my sources, 7154 is out there.

I hope so, it isn't fake. Very cool, interface changes!
I'm waiting for the screenshot of build 7140 ;)

Sorry for my bad english!

Last edited:
Well,

I wish what was written is true ... can't believe it until someone trusted tries it ... a video peview would be nice with screenshots too ... :)

Sounds true to me. They all sound like very good, logical things to upgrade. Every one of those things are a welcome change to me. The timing will probably work out well for me as it looks like I'm going to need to RMA a HD, so by the time I get it back it'll be time for 7154 or something like that. :)

Windows 7 build 7156

A friend of mine said he's got build 7156 from a Microsoft partner just like you said about your friend...so noob off

I'm not sure about this. You see, up until now, I have easily been able to get my hands on internal releases, but, at this point, the latest release I can scrounge up is 7136, while my internal source confirms a 716X version is currently the in house build.

So, why is it so hard all of a sudden, unless they're hiding something?

my friend's brother's girlfriend's cousin's grandpa's proctologist's wife's hairstylist's shrink's son told him that he has got build 7183

seriously, until there is some screenies, or at least so photoshoped screenies don't post this stuff i hate reading posts that are "pure speculation" getting psyched on stuff just to find out its not in finished product (winfs) really sucks

my friend's brother's girlfriend's cousin's grandpa's proctologist's wife's hairstylist's shrink's son told him that he has got build 7183

seriously, until there is some screenies, or at least so photoshoped screenies don't post this stuff i hate reading posts that are "pure speculation" getting psyched on stuff just to find out its not in finished product (winfs) really sucks
" hairstylist's shrink's son told him that he has got build 7183" Yes. I know his girlfriends uncle, who is a cleaner in Microsoft - He says you are all wrong - Its Windows 8.

lololololo!!!!:d

Sorry bud, but that seems like photoshopped... Normally the WinVer has the buildstring in there and the expiration date isn´t what one would expect, as B7127 expires 02/03/2010

Your "friend" wouldn't be another web page by chance?
Just copied this:
"I'll give you something like a screencap later, but here's what I noticed so far:
1. You can now add anything to the Taskbar.
2. Icons slightly expand when you hover over them on the taskbar.
3. The "System" menu is more simplistic, and easier to navigate.
4. You can change the login screen picture through the "Personalization" menu.
5. The menu/lists that pop up when you right click on things now have the Aero Glass effect.
6. The default icons for Folders have changed to be the transparent blue ones featured a long time ago.
8. The Minimize/Maximize/Exit buttons on the top-right of a window have changed icons, and are a bit smaller than the Vista/7 counterparts.
9. [BIG ONE]: There's an "Upload" feature for Pictures, files, and videos. If you right-click a file, and click "Upload", you can make it automatically upload to a website of your choice. After uploading, a pop-up will appear saying it's done, and clicking "OK" will cause the link/download link to the file to appear in the popup box. I tried ImageShack and Facebook, and they work.
10. Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese unicode(s) and settings are integrated, so one can run foreign apps or use foreign keyboards without changing languages & restarting.

??

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry bud, but that seems like photoshopped... Normally the WinVer has the buildstring in there and the expiration date isn´t what one would expect, as B7127 expires 02/03/2010

I agree with "Dibbes"...
Cam493:

1. You mention nothing about the Start Menu Orb being changed in your "Changelog".
2. I don't think M$ would change the "Close" button to only be red with no "X" because of the physically challenged (color blind) people out there.
3. Did you use your expert programming skills to get rid of the buildstring on the desktop?
4. I know how to change the buildstring for dialogue boxes to show whatever I edit it to so no proof thus far.
5. Lastly, why wouldn't you open a few windows to show us more changes you outlined in your "Changelog" unless you had something to hide?

Back