Windows 10 Can no longer connect laptop to Samsung TV

Jo Darts

Extraordinary Member
I used to be able to watch a movie on my TV from my laptop. A week ago my laptop no longer recognized the TV. In Action Centre my Bluetooth states "Not Connected". My Bluetooth drivers are up to date. I have deleted Bluetooth and restarted my computer. I have HDMI cables. I plug one end to my TV but the minute I plug in to my laptop the laptop screen turns black. Might you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    88.8 KB · Views: 97
You could try removing the Microsoft update from last week... willing to bet they took control of the hardware with some new driver for your convenience

Sent from my SP9 using Windows Forums mobile app

Just a thought
Look in advanced screen settings, when you are having two screens, one is the main screen, one is secondary. When you insert an HDMI cable you suddenly have a second screen, and if you previously selected that to be your main screen, your laptop screen goes black?

Last edited:
Here are my recent trial and errors:
1. I plugged in my HDMI cable - and for first time my screen did not go black
2. Went to Samsung TV to set up screen sharing HDMI. In Source, HDMI 2 showed up. But no sharing happened - only error message on TV saying No Signal
3.In Action Centre/project/duplicate and at bottom clicked on Connect to wireless display. Nothing happened
4. In Advanced Display I do have Display 1 Internal Display, and Display 2 Samsung.
5. In Display I have this:
1619566961925.png
6. In Bluetooth and other devices I have this:
1619567246399.png

7. Does my TV need to be paired? Bluetooth isn't recognizing it. In Action Centre my bluetooth icon says Not Connected

Just don't know where to go from here...

The 1/2 display tells you that the laptop detects 2 screens and it duplicates the screens, what you see on 1 should be on 2.
Bluetooth has no functon in connecting screens, it is too slow. Your HDMI cable transfers the video and audio signals.
That leaves the Samsung, try the cable in a different HDMI port on your TV.

Last edited:
Morning. I switched the TV HDMI ports - no luck. Before this problem Action Centre/Connect showed Samsung 5 Series (32). Now it shows Generic PnP Monitor, but nothing happens when I click on it.

That is what I did:
- connect the cable, switched on the laptop, switched on the tv,
- the HDMI port on the Samsung is no longer greyed out and can be selected as input for the Samsung with the RC of the tv
- the laptop shows the green 1/2 window
and from that moment your desktop should be vissible
If not it is likely some hardware problem, cable problem, that is all I know.

Henk - that was an interesting scenario. I did exactly as listed above. Imagine how my mouthed dropped open in surprise when the two screens were mirrored. Imagine my surprise when TV screen suddenly changed to PC HDMI 2 NO SIGNAL. So...I will continue to play with the settings. Please tell me what RC of the TV means. And thanks for your patient help!

Henk!!! I bought new HDMI cables and voila! All works perfectly now. Again - I appreciate this forum and thank you for your time :)

Back