Windows 7 Can no longer open Windows Movie Maker

Jack Harmell

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I was able to use Movie Maker a few months ago, but when I tried to open it today I got the attached error message. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Movie Maker Error Message.jpg
    Movie Maker Error Message.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 324
Hi,
see if the system file scan helps.
Look in the start menu for command prompt, right click on it and run as administrator. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

If the windows movie maker your trying to use is from windows essentials have you tried simply re-installing the app?

I wonder if you've installed something which is stopping it from opening? Can you remember if you have installed anything new between the time it last worked and the present (especially security apps)?

You may very well be right, as I install and uninstall programs a lot. The only security app, however, was an upgrade on my antivirus - ESET.

It is probably just a coincidence, but I noticed that I could not open Movie Maker less than 24 hours after Windows installed 28 updates.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's ESET. I recently ran it as a trial and quickly noticed apps were not working as they should. Might be worth uninstalling ESET just to see?

The best answer? Really? Perhaps a mistake lol if your movie maker still isn't opening? Have you considered using system restore and going back before those updates were installed?

Interesting. I think what I would rather do is install an old Pinnacle Studio CD that I have. It is probably good enough to meet my needs. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom