Windows 7 Can not burn disc images

Sharkbox

This may already have been discussed in this forum, but with all of the posts, it makes it difficult to find answers when doing a search. My problem is, I can't burn any image, with any program on any media. I have tried it all. The burn begins and then hangs on writing lead-in. Then I have to restart to get the disc out of the drive. And the laser never even starts. Can some one help? Thanks.

If you're going to burn a disk image, why not use Windows 7's built in image burner?
If I'm not mistaken, you can right click an image, and choose to open it with Windows Image Burner, or something similar to that in the "Open With" menu. I've burned many disk images like this in the past, and it works like a charm.

I've even tried the built in image burner with the same results. The program freezes before it starts writing. I'm not sure why. I don't want to have to go back to XP.

I figured it out. Had to revert to an older firmware for my drive. Windows 7 automatically installed the most recent firmware, others have also been having trouble with the latest firmware version. Burning like a Champ now!

Back