Windows 10 Can This Really Be True

I'm gonna go with.....
Yes.
RTM and I hope Windows Insiders and maybe those (Windows 8.1 and Windows 7) who reserve their free upgrade.
I don't think you'll be seeing it on your Store Shelves in Retail Packaging until a bit later.

That's only a couple of months away!
They had better get to work fixing the bugs.

The way it's been going it doesn't seem like they are that close.

I just put Windows 8.1 back in my computer. Today I reserved my free upgrade. Windows 10 was working pretty good for me. Still I got tired of trying to figure out the bugs. Once I get the final version of 10 I will see how it goes.

I just put Windows 8.1 back in my computer.
So..... you've joined the ISC (I Surrender Club).
Did that myself on my main machine a few days back and glad I did.

There's still always Hyper-V Sonny, if you still want to key your hand in.

Apparently if your using the Home version then you have no control over updates. If your using Pro or enterprise the updates can be deferred. This may be a deal breaker for some myself included. No control over what's installed on my 'borrowed' software is really starting to take things too far.

I figured I can get by for two months. I have spent so much time on 10 that I just burned myself out trying to keep up with it.

Yeah I've been back on Windows 8.1.1 for a while now. I just like the fact that everything works which i know is a little silly really seeing as win 10 was beta stuff. Like you say Sonny I think I eventually just got sick of using an os which basically didn't work however pretty. I might dip my toe back in the water for build 10134 just to see what has changed but I'm not too happy about the Windows update debacle. Being able to decide whether to install a certain update or not is extremely important and to have that choice ripped away is, in my opinion, as bad as removing the start menu. So now we have the start menu back (kinda) but they've borked the Windows update unit.

I mean don't these people learn?

I hate the auto update idea on most things. I like to have control of when and if I want the update. I fried a video card once getting the latest update. Some times it's best to sit back and wait a bit. some cause problems and need to be blocked. Overall I think they did a much better job testing Windows 7 and 8. They have a lot of bugs to fix now that they have been ignoring.
Joe

I'm going to try and stick it out until it goes live using Windows 10.
I'm still on build 10074.

One of these days they are going to force me to upgrade, I just hope that by then it works a little better.

But if I get to a build that I can't live with I'll have to go back to Windows 8.
I have a real Windows 8 install with a DVD serial number etc.

But I also have a factory reset USB Drive that I can stick in and get it back to the way it was the day I bought it, all registered to me and tweaked by Falcon.

Last edited:
Apparently if your using the Home version then you have no control over updates. If your using Pro or enterprise the updates can be deferred. This may be a deal breaker for some myself included. No control over what's installed on my 'borrowed' software is really starting to take things too far.
AS a side note....
It may also be a blessing.
I just worked on a Windows 7 Home version yesterday that was all but unusable because of all the malware present on the machine.
When I was finally able to get that problem under control I found that there were 1.83 gigabytes of Windows Updates waiting to be installed.
Now I'm not saying that if all these updates had been installed in a more timely manner that it would have prevented the infection problem but I suspect that it certainly wouldn't have hurt.
AND it really would have made my job easier.
This was a computer used by a clerk in a local Church. Not a tech environment nor a particularly tech savvy user.
You can lead'em to the water but you can't make them drink. I guess now they're gonna drink whether they want to or not.

Back
Top Bottom