Windows 7 Cannot Connect to my Network

Ryanlevy02

I just installed Windows 7 64-bit build 7077 on my Acer Aspire 5100 laptop
Previously I had Ultimate Vista 64 bit and it was working fine.
My problem is when I go to connect to my network, it shows a list of networks, but mine is not on it. I am currently connected with 2 other laptops directly, no security on the router, one pc is wired into the router, all working fine.
This windows version just won't see it nor connect to it.
Is there anything I can try before I put Vista back on it?

I just installed Windows 7 64-bit build 7077 on my Acer Aspire 5100 laptop
Previously I had Ultimate Vista 64 bit and it was working fine.
My problem is when I go to connect to my network, it shows a list of networks, but mine is not on it. I am currently connected with 2 other laptops directly, no security on the router, one pc is wired into the router, all working fine.
This windows version just won't see it nor connect to it.
Is there anything I can try before I put Vista back on it?
I have had similar problem with Wireless Networking and Internet access.
The Windows 7's DM may have no error symbols and in DM> Network adapter> Properies may show, the "Device is working properly" but no Internet connection . Reinstalling the Driver using PC maufacturer's latest Vista X64 was my answer until Build 7100 which had native drivers that worked. Of course the usual Resetting of Modem, Router and PC by Power Off and sequential Power ON method to acquire the New Computer's network adapter and give IP number is part of that troubleshoot

If you have not already configured the Wireless networking manually (with the SSID other wireless devices are sharing in the Wireless network and the same Passphrase ), please do so. Finally in homenet working, using the same workgroup name in all PCs is needed for a mixed Windows ( Win 7, Vista, XP, 2K +/- Linux ) Homenetwork.

Check in Admin CMD promt IPCONFIG /ALL and see the Computer name , DHCP Enabled ,IPv4 Address Default Gateway, DHCP Server etc in the 192.168.x.xx type of IP numbers.
If you need any detailed help will be happy to help.

I just installed Build 7100 and it still comes up under available wireless connections several networks in the area, except mine.
It cannot be a problem with my router as it is working on 2 other laptops wirelessly.
Will installing drivers help at all? as it is picking up networks, just not my own.

I just installed Build 7100 and it still comes up under available wireless connections several networks in the area, except mine.
It cannot be a problem with my router as it is working on 2 other laptops wirelessly.
Will installing drivers help at all? as it is picking up networks, just not my own.

If you can see other Wireless networks broadcasting around your location, your Wireless adapter is working OK with the right driver.

• **Your Wireless Network Not set properly?
  • Your WLan AutoConfig might not have been Started to locate your own network?
  1. Right click Computer >Manage
  2. In Computer Mangement window Left pane, locate Computer Mangement (Local)
  3. Scroll down to and expand by clicking the Right ward arrowhead of Services and Applications
  4. Click Services and scroll to the Right Pane
  5. Scroll down and click open Wlan AutoConfiguration Properties window
  6. Click General tab
  7. Scroll to Start type: selection box
  8. select Automatic.
  9. Click Start >Apply> OK
  10. Go to Notification area> Right click Wireless network iocn> View Available Network Connection > Locate your Named (SSID) Wireless Network > Click to highlight>Connect button >wait...Wireless Network Connection ( Name )
    Speed Signal Strength: XX.0Mbps
    Staus :connected
**The above steps assume you have already setup your Wireless network or joined an existing Wireless network with a Unique SSID and Security and Passphrase through Network and sharing Center > Setup a New connection or network... follow the wizard. I hope this guides you in the right direction.Additional Info:

In my case Build 7100 automatically identified my wirelessnetwork and installed everything and I was able to access the Internet. The only thing I had to do was to change my Workgroup name to the same as the rest of my mixed Win-Linux Wireless Network for LAN (Wired + Wireless) thrugh my Wireless Router.

If you need additional help please feel free to let me know posting in detail.

Last edited:
thank you for all the help, i finally had some free time to address the issue.
it worked fine when i plugged in directly to my router and then i was able to do some updates. Apparently there is an update for my atheros 5005g wireless card, but windows update fails whenever i try to install it. I'm going to give it a few more days, see if i can get it to work. as of now i just use my main desktop and an old xp machine i had laying around

Windows 7 cannot connect to remote speaker itunes error 15000

For people who just installed Windows 7 and aren't able to connect to their airport express or remote speaker:

Disable your windows firewall! It's that easy!
Right click on the internet icon on the taskbar (down-right)
Open network and sharing center
Click Windows Firewall (down-left)
click Turn Windows firewall on/off, or create an exception for Itunes

if that doesnt work, also try updating you're firmware for the airport express

Hope that helps someone!

Back