Windows Vista cannot locate camera assistant icon on start menu

Mrem

At few days ago I had to have my gateway laptop system stripped because of virus problems. Windows 7 was reinstalled but nothing else. Now I cannot start my web cam. Troubleshooting has shown that the cam and driver are working. However I cannot start camera. Support from Gateway suggested a system rrestore but is that an option since the sytem was stripped a few days ago/? would renstalling windows be an option?

Have you tried re-installing the drivers for the web cam? (I'd un-install them first obviously)

Would renstalling windows be an option?

You may need to check audio settings with your camera software.

Try what kemical has suggested, reinstall the camera's driver and the software (you may need to follow these steps with your video and audio drivers as well):

1. Uninstall it first, reboot
2. Download latest or use drivers on your support CD
3. Install the camera's driver and software, reboot

Also check if the camera is properly connected and if you have video and audio drivers installed.
(Control Panel => System => Device manager => See if there are ANY "yellow" devices there)

yellow devices

You may need to check audio settings with your camera software.

Try what kemical has suggested, reinstall the camera's driver and the software (you may need to follow these steps with your video and audio drivers as well):

1. Uninstall it first, reboot
2. Download latest or use drivers on your support CD
3. Install the camera's driver and software, reboot

Also check if the camera is properly connected and if you have video and audio drivers installed.
(Control Panel => System => Device manager => See if there are ANY "yellow" devices there)

What are yellow devices?

Could you post the manufacturer of the device please?

Microsoft is the name of the device....laptop is Gateway Nv 58 Os windows 7

Sorry does the device have any special name attached or letters/numbers perhaps? I want to find the actual model you see.

Post the exact model and we'll find you the correct webcam drivers from Gateway.
Cheers.

Mrem what the the exact name and make of your webcam? If you know where it is online and you can show me, even better.

I think you just posted windows 7 index number?

What are yellow devices?

There are sometimes yellow exclamation points next to devices on the device manager's list. These yellow marks indicate of a device's current status and could mean that there is a system resource conflict, a driver issue, or any number of other things.

Quite often it indicates that a device's driver is not installed.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Yellow Exclamation - Why is There a Yellow Exclamation Point in Device Manager? - Yellow Question Mark

thanks

Thanks
I have downloaded and installed correct driver from Gateway. Camera is now functioning as should be. Again thanks for the help...Too bad Gateway support couldn't have offered that suggestion from the get go. Again much thanks for the help and support.
\mrem
\

Back
Top Bottom