Windows 7 can't acces windows files/how to remove standart administrator account?

gi543

hi, i hope :pray: i came to the right place with my question and that someone can help me.:confused:

i did'nt do anything specific to make it happen, but all of a sudden i can't acces all those "my" files in my documents anymore, you know "my picture" "my music", all of those files. the icon is a little faded and shows a lock on it. when i try to acces it it sais "acces denied" (in my language). i can still acces all files i created myself though. also, a few days later, i all of a sudden have a stndart administrator account. i know that it is standard because my account is removable but the account "administrator" is not. now i would like to know how i could regain acces to my files, or even better remove to administrator account and turn my account back to the standard administrator account.

thanks in advance
gi543

Hi

Try an app called Take Ownership.

Add "Take Ownership" to Explorer Right-Click Menu in Win 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

If that doesn't do it try this...

How to Enable the Administrator Account

Open the command prompt with elevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.

Type

net user administrator /active:yes

and then press Enter.

Log out and log back in as Administrator.

When you are done undue the process by doing the same thing and pasting in

net user administrator /active:no

The security stuff in Windows 7 is a pain in the ****!

I still haven't been able to get it to let me run Norton Ghost from inside Windows, it keeps saying (You don't have sufficient privileges to do that!) and nothing will convince it otherwise.

Mike

Ps. Also: Right click on your drive in Windows Explorer and look at the Security tab in Properties, to see what your Permissions are set at for each user.

Last edited:
hi mike,

thank you for the advice.

i am afraid that the app doesn't work, the command prompt on the other hand has worked.
but i still have no acces to those files. i have checked the security settings of my hard drive and i should have full acces, but the security settings on the specific folders sais otherwhise. and i can't change this because i heva no permission.

thanks for the help anyways,
friendly greetings
gi543

Back
Top Bottom