Windows 10 Can't access internet in Microsoft apps(only).

Abimanyu

I upgraded to windows 10 recently. The upgrade was smooth, but to my disappointment I couldn't access internet in my microsoft apps(edge, cortana, feedback etc..) whereas chrome gets internet just as usual. Cortana says "Internet and I aren't talking right now". It felt funny in the beginning but soon started irritating me. This could be a possible bug or something. Please look into the issue and suggest patch.

First you could try to run the Internet connection troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + R
2. Type Control
3. Click on Troubleshooting
4. Click on Connect to the internet
5. Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

First you could try to run the Internet connection troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + R
2. Type Control
3. Click on Troubleshooting
4. Click on Connect to the internet
5. Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions
I did try that before. and tried it now too. But troubleshooter couldn't identify the problem.

Hm, maybe you could see some Cortana settings (I can't really help you with those settings because I don't use Cortana but it should be easy to find and worth a try).

Hm, maybe you could see some Cortana settings (I can't really help you with those settings because I don't use Cortana but it should be easy to find and worth a try).
I tried something. But that wouldn't explain the no internet problemfor edge, feedback etc....

Hi

I'm not saying that this will work, but it's what I always do when I'm having connection problems.

In device manager uninstall your network device, then reboot, this forces Widows to reinstall and configure the device to default settings.

That usually works if you don't have any connection in your case where it's only Windows apps I'm less confident, but it's worth a shot.

Check out this post, people having the same problem in Windows 8.

Windows 8 Pro x64 Apps won't connect to internet ?

Mike

Back