Windows 7 Cant close any not responding window

microbious

I have" AERO" disabled in order for older apps not to switch windows color, turns out windows 7 is not running same colors as vista did.
If any program freezes, i cant close it. I click CLose button and nothing happened.
Even moving mouse over X X is not hovered (dont see the effect)
So i click close window on task bar and still nothing, doesnt say (end program or window or anything)

UNLESS "UxSms" Windows management service is enabled.
I disable it because this is the only known to me way to get basic colors using CMD scripting (by disabling the service that seem to effect it)
Help ?
Thanks

Last edited:
LEt me get this straight so you are try to disable aero from what i take it and you disabled the windows management service to get rid of it?

yes
but only because i dont know how to do it with CMD
I do everything with CMD or my custom wrote programs i made for every program i use.
It just happens that old Paint Shop Pro 9 is switching to basic color if Aero is running and switching it back to normal after it exist.
I know i can just select basic color them, but i am to lazy do do it.
I reinstall windows frequently so i make CMD scripts or small programs to restore all of my settings with one click and wait till its DONE (u get the idea) disabling desktop manager is included because it was only way i found that sets basic colors.
I didnt think desktop manages will not allow me to close non responding windows if its not running.

Is there a way to set basic colors with CMD ? or registry tweak ?

Windows Desktop Manager is an important part to the operating system and is considered a vital function. I would recommend:

1. Click on Windows Start button, and type “regeditâ€Â￾ in the Instant Search box at the bottom.
  2. Search result should return just one single entry named “regeditâ€Â￾ in the pane above. Click on the “regeditâ€Â￾ in the [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]search [/FONT][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]result[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]. Click on Continue button if any User Account Control dialog window appears with [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]security[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] warning and asking for confirmation and permission to continue.
  3. Expand and navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWN
  4. On the right pane, there is an registry entry named ColorizationColor with type as DWORD. Right click on ColorizationColor, and select Delete on the right click menu. Click on OK to confirm the deletion.
  5. Then right click on registry value titled Composition (type DWORD) and select Modify. Change the value to 0 (by default is 1).
  6. Restart the PC!

Hopefully that helps!!!

that was the most complicated tutorial how to change registry value "Composition" 1 to 0
But thanks it worked.

Why is desktop manager is a vital process ? I didnt have any problems running any games/programs or doing anything other then closing not responding windows when it was disabled. Maybe its not so important after all :)

Back