Windows 7 Can't connect to internet in windows 7

Got the internet working. It turned out that Norton Internet Security was interfering. I just uninstalled it completely.
Thanks for the help, though.

Got the internet working. It turned out that Norton Internet Security was interfering. I just uninstalled it completely.
Thanks for the help, though.

Oh man... sometimes we forget that we have mentioned this in dozens of messages. We need a sticky list of the basics.

my windows 7 is doing the exact same thing except my internet has never worked, i just gave my comp. a fresh format with win.7 and can't get it to work, i don't have no programs installed yet to interfere though. want to get the internet working first. the comp. is picking my modem up but i have no internet access it's reading as unidentified network.

my windows 7 is doing the exact same thing except my internet has never worked, i just gave my comp. a fresh format with win.7 and can't get it to work, i don't have no programs installed yet to interfere though. want to get the internet working first. the comp. is picking my modem up but i have no internet access it's reading as unidentified network.

Unidentified Network Fix
Go to the NIC properties and uncheck these things:
-Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
-Link Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
-Link Layer Topology Discovery Responder

Reboot and test

Back