Windows Vista Can't connect to the internet after restart

capkern

Please help! Each time I restart thr computer it looses tthe internet connection. When I try to set it up again the only option is to connect using WAN miniport (PPPOE) which acts like a diall up connection. It should be connecting to Intel(R) 82566DC 2 gigabyte network connector. I researched this forum and tried sevearl ideas. I accidentially connected a couple of times but I can't seem to duplicate that. I hope someone has found a solution?

As I research I see you nee much more info. I have cable connection through a modem and Netgear wirless router WGR614 v5, however I connect with cat 5 cable. My computer is Dell XPS 420. I upgraded from Vista Ultimate to Win 7 Ultimate a few days ago. I am able to connect to the local home network through the Intel network card. More info to follow.

I found Network Connection Fixes posted 11/24/09 by tblount and item #10 in his list seems to have fixed my problem. I was not able to perform exactly as listed but I think I accomplished the same thing. I copied and pasted here for anyone else that may have the same issue.

10. Remove the Bonjour service if you have Apple/iTunes
- Click Start and enter and run this command: "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe" -remove

- Navigate to the following folder in Windows Explorer. "C:\Program Files\Bonjour"
and Rename the mdnsNSP.dll file in that folder to mdnsNSP.old
- Restart your computer and DElETE the "Program Files\Bonjour" folder

Back